Handcent and double message ?

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
Make sure the Messaging app has its notifications disabled, and yes like mentioned use the search :D

There are multiple threads over this topic

:closed_2:

huskur

Reaction score
try reading around on the forums. the solution to this has been posted probably 20+ times.

I hate reading posts like this one....in the amount of time it took to type it the answer could have been given......Look, the user has 2 posts. YES 2!! I think he is NEW you think?

Anyway, Uninstall handcent and reinstall it. Problem solved. Takes 2 minutes.

huskur

Reaction score
Make sure the Messaging app has its notifications disabled, and yes like mentioned use the search :D

There are multiple threads over this topic

:closed_2:

We were all new at one point......don't forget that......also some people are not as well versed about the droid yet and are gathering valuable information anyway they can. There are users out there that would like a detailed user manual....but for some reason motorola did not provide that and the downloadable manual off the net is very generic.

Anyway, welcome to the forum OP

noday42

Reaction score
thanks Huskur for your help.

and just for reference, if the other two posters would have taken the time to actually read the thread, they would have seen that I was NOT referring to getting 1 notification from Handcent and 1 from the native Messaging app. I've done plenty of searches through the forum and that is the only problem I see people having. As mine seemed unique from the 20+ posts that I've found, I posted.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
thanks Huskur for your help.

and just for reference, if the other two posters would have taken the time to actually read the thread, they would have seen that I was NOT referring to getting 1 notification from Handcent and 1 from the native Messaging app. I've done plenty of searches through the forum and that is the only problem I see people having. As mine seemed unique from the 20+ posts that I've found, I posted.

Most users don't read the complete thread before posting....

aggiechase37

Reaction score
I've had this problem as well lately. And what's worse, some of my friends have reported that they are getting the same message mutliple times from me as well. It's annoying and I'd like to figure out a way for this not to happen anymore.

amberleemarie

Reaction score
I've had this problem as well lately. And what's worse, some of my friends have reported that they are getting the same message mutliple times from me as well. It's annoying and I'd like to figure out a way for this not to happen anymore.

My only issue is when I get the popup notification, most of the time its the last text i got showing, not the new one.

flyguide83

Reaction score
I have been getting a message, then hrs later getting the same message again.. its weird.. tried installing and re installing.. no luck.. I'm going to message the developer...

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I hate reading posts like this one....in the amount of time it took to type it the answer could have been given.
It's not really applicable to this thread but there are plenty of threads from newbies that don't even need to exist in the first place if the person bothers to search first. That's standard forum etiquette. In many cases, I may not have specific steps in mind and I'd have to perform the very same search that the person asking the question would. In those cases I will definitely recommend that the OP perform a search -- particularly if it's a topic with countless duplicates. Again, not relevant in this particular case but it does happen constantly on every forum site out there.

I don't have a problem with suggesting keywords but searching isn't a mystical art or anything.

noday42

Reaction score
i tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, same problem. hopefully with devs will fix it

Justbags

Reaction score
I am also having this issue... I may even get the message up to 4 times...

another issue I am having may not be a handscent issue, but I will send a message, the message will say it did not send, then my friends will reply to my "Unsent" message... What's that about? Then it annoys me because I either have to delete the message or leave it, which will leave a Large RED "X" on the message...

GotnFX

Reaction score
i tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, same problem. hopefully with devs will fix it

Let us know what the dev says..lately I have been getting multiple popup messages from my wife..she has BlkBry on the infamous AT&T...it is a work phone.

rickt1152

Reaction score
Same Issue here

I'm also getting multiple copies of the same text, however, it doesn't happen all the time. At first I thought the notification setting into the native messaging app had changed, but not so. This probably happens about a third of the time lately. Hopefully a solution is available soon.

Kack

Reaction score
Im having the same problem. but only with picture messages. un/installed several times. no clue why. Guess i'll just keep <searching>!

firehousejames

Reaction score
I am also having this issue... I may even get the message up to 4 times...

another issue I am having may not be a handscent issue, but I will send a message, the message will say it did not send, then my friends will reply to my "Unsent" message... What's that about? Then it annoys me because I either have to delete the message or leave it, which will leave a Large RED "X" on the message...

Same has happened to me