Halloween Double-Special - SS 4.9 and SSX 1.0!!

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Same here, not only with my exchange mail, but also my roadrunner e-mail. Try to open a message, and bang, back to the home screen. Deal breaker for me, restored my X from back up. Would be willing to re-try, but exchange \ e-mail issue has to be corrected first.

Is it the same email app that fails in my ROM but works in your backup?? If so - can you upload the apk you are using?

i hope this works...if not let me know..as i've never uploaded anything like this before;

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Thanks, got it - so is this the email client from the D1??

antintyty

Reaction score
Is it the same email app that fails in my ROM but works in your backup?? If so - can you upload the apk you are using?

i hope this works...if not let me know..as i've never uploaded anything like this before;

You know Chevy, i'm not really sure...i picked it from another forum when i first went to a blurless rom and somebody posted it...i wish i knew more about it.

antintyty

Reaction score

You know Chevy, i'm not really sure...i picked it from another forum when i first went to a blurless rom and somebody posted it...i wish i knew more about it.

it worked for what i needed, i only wish it would sync properly, the way the blur exchange syncs with the droid x.

RK KINGKONG

Reaction score
some might have this issue

i installed the ROM n then installed a Theme , that I edited , why when i try to open chevy tools it tells me , I can only use that with your ROM .. when I have it installed ? it says

ERROR ONLY FOR USE WITH SIMPLY STUNNING ROMS / but I do have your ROM
CHEVY REPLIED
Yep - something messed up your build.prop when you installed the theme - you will have to enter a terminal and type:
su
rstprop

Then reboot - that should do it!

if incase anyone else has this issue when installing a theme after the ROM .

once you installed the SS ROM {for the DX }
Then place a theme over it you might over write. the build.prop that come with this ROM which gives you lil special features with CHEVY TOOLS app.
so youll need to grab the build.prop in your system folder of that .zip file

and using ADB push that build.prop file to your phone to bring it back .
other wise when you try using his CHEVY TOOLS its gonna give you an error telling you that you can only use this with Simply Stunning ROMS. if you need a guide on how to use ADB push use search up top or go here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-help/30464-how-adb-why-i-love-adb-commands-3-a.html

or here : How to push files through ADB - xda-developers

antintyty

Reaction score
^^^ why would you want to ruin Chevy's great work! I love the ROM just the way it looks...asides the exchange situation, but i have FULL trust in you Chevy that'll you figure it out soon enough!

Thanks for your hard work!!

RK KINGKONG

Reaction score
difference ROM & THEME

^^^ why would you want to ruin Chevy's great work! I love the ROM just the way it looks...asides the exchange situation, but i have FULL trust in you Chevy that'll you figure it out soon enough!

I LOVE his ROM but wanted the 928BlackGlass theme , only because its the better one ive seen that isnt my favorite color blue .
So CHEVY told me how i can keep his blue things going on and still install the 928 theme with out replacing the awesome blueness

basically i just switched their pictures on the theme his that he had on his rom to keep things like the blue bar up top n other things .
looks sweet n sexy ill be doing more editing to my color liking

Last edited:

Draken

Reaction score

I LOVE his ROM but wanted the 928BlackGlass theme , only because its the better one ive seen that isnt my favorite color blue .
So CHEVY told me how i can keep his blue things going on and still install the 928 theme with out replacing the awesome blueness

basically i just switched their pictures on the theme his that he had on his rom to keep things like the blue bar up top n other things .

Hey how did you change the text on lockscreen?

RK KINGKONG

Reaction score
@ draken - reply

this is what i follow from a post I found

ROOT NEEDED FOR THIS OBVIOUSLY
Thanks and credit goes to these guys...
bad4u
928Droid
fmkaiba
hacku
tparker76
thebowers
What you need to download on your phone:
1. Android Terminal Emulator from jack palevich (free market)
2. Root explorer from speed software (paid but worth it market)
What you need on your computer:
1. HxD hex editor application (google it)
2. 7zip application (google it)
Here is the guide:
1. Go into root explorer navigate to system/framework
2. Hit mount r/w on top then hold and copy framework-res.apk
3. Paste framework-res.apk on root of sdcard
4. Mount the phone to your pc AND move framework-res.apk to desktop
5. Right click framework-res.apk on desktop hit 7zip then hit open archive
6. Navigate to res/xml/ find eri.xml and drag it to your desktop
KEEP ARCHIVE OPEN YOU WILL BE BACK
7. Right click eri.xml on desktop open with HxD
8. Now look to the right side of the screen and find "Verizon Wireless"
9. Highlight the whole word "Verizon wireless"
10. While highlighted type your new name..16 LETTERS MAX
(if any "Verizon wireless" is left just keep hitting space bar after new name)
11. Now save your new eri.xml and drag it back into archive
12. Close the archive
13. Put framework-res.apk back on root of sdcard
14. Now on your phone open Android Terminal Emulator on phone and type
Su
mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
cp /sdcard/framework-res.apk /system/framework
reboot
15. Your done.
dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

[video=youtube;Q2ZOYRMY7lk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2ZOYRMY7lk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2ZOYRMY7lk[/video]​

Daali

Reaction score
RK KINGKONG,

What is that battery widget? I've seen it everywhere, but lol, can't seem to track it down.

I found it... Batterylife.. nice

Last edited:

Draken

Reaction score
Dude i did that. and for some reason its saying i have no service and a pop up keeps coming up saying, "this feature does not support this system" !>!

ufish2

Reaction score
Thanks Chevy this is the only Rom that has worked 100% for me..looks great and runs like a Chevy should...:biggrin:

ufish2

Reaction score
Great rom ChevyNo1...runs nice on my X...fast and no bugs..and love the blue..:)

jgmarz

Reaction score
Random reboots

I came from blurry 1.0 and keep getting reboots. I wiped data and cache, reloaded ssx and still reboots. Also I tried tranq 3.0 and wiped after that but still get the Tranquility screen prior to SSX awesome boot. Any ideas?

antintyty

Reaction score

i must admit...i DO miss Blackglass!

Nice Work, btw!