Halloween Double-Special - SS 4.9 and SSX 1.0!!

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Quick question. I've installed the ROM just fine, however it seems that I have lost the ability to use my "Home" button. It simply does not function no matter what I've tried. I tried to toggle the functions on and off in the settings to no avail. Anyone have any advice for me? It just doesn't work anymore (the home button).

Pls check post #238 - I believe it will explain your issues. In short, a fresh SBF and then SSX install will fix it.

JOx

Reaction score
I got it to work eventually...but now after it was executed it said "Please boot phone up manually" and when I did it didn't work and I Still have root and everything looks the same?

confusion

Reaction score
Installed today, and am loving it so far. When I first installed my screen would not switch to landscape orientation, but I restored my stock OTA Froyo and black glass, then installed over the top and its working fine. Thanks ChevyNo1

mcsinfl

Reaction score
I noticed the landscape issue as well, it seems by default it's set to not auto-rotate

Had to go to menu>settings>display and click the auto-rotate option

JOx

Reaction score
Just so im sure...this rom let's hu control what blur oh want.easily correct? About to install and after sbi notice that.the.stock screen is actually pretty neat llol

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

mcsinfl

Reaction score
yes, you can "turn on/off" whatever blur apps you want. after install, from home screen, hit menu>settings and you will now have a chevytools option. inside is a script option that allows you to remove a bunch of stuff. if i recall, you should get superuser request when opening tools, and then again when running scripts. also has very nice backup feature that will restore all apps and settings, incuding widgets if you ever need to reflash from scratch, kinda like titanium on steroids

damagickid

Reaction score
Ok so every other rom ive got from this guy has been awsome...This one im having so many problems im begining to think its my phone....it keep reseting while im setting stuff up....and my signal sucks...with my original droid i could stream music from my computer using subsonic..and it worked flawlessly...never stoped to buffer the connection was SOLID...now i can play about two seconds on my droid and it buffers 5 more seconds and it buffers....Can anyone tell me what the deal is?

Also...i know this rom is still new and kinda beta....but im going crazy!!

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
Ok so every other rom ive got from this guy has been awsome...This one im having so many problems im begining to think its my phone....it keep reseting while im setting stuff up....and my signal sucks...with my original droid i could stream music from my computer using subsonic..and it worked flawlessly...never stoped to buffer the connection was SOLID...now i can play about two seconds on my droid and it buffers 5 more seconds and it buffers....Can anyone tell me what the deal is?

Also...i know this rom is still new and kinda beta....but im going crazy!!

I strongly encourage you to SBF and see if you still have issues. If so, have Verizon replace you phone. If not, try reinstalling the rom again. If you install this rom after another one, you will probably have issues.

damagickid

Reaction score
witch sbf should i use the 2.3.15 or (2.3.20 i thought this woas only droid 2 but ive seen threads that say it x as well??) sorry i was pretty good at this stuff with my droid but now its a diff world take a little time to get use to it..

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
witch sbf should i use the 2.3.15 or (2.3.20 i thought this woas only droid 2 but ive seen threads that say it x as well??) sorry i was pretty good at this stuff with my droid but now its a diff world take a little time to get use to it..

Use 2.3.15. I don't think it will work right on newer versions as it will replace many files with older versions.

K

kbatrph

i downloaded Chevy's rom, did the reboot into clockwork recovery, the droid x restarts and starts to open the update, but then i get the dreaded triangle with the exclamation point in the middle, the phone reboots again, and goes back to normal....do i have to have something else on the phone before the update will complete?

Chickoid

Reaction score
Well I came over from Ultimate Droid due to too many bugs and I have to say I'm impressed! I've been messing around with it for a few hours now and so far no complaints. It really is the smoothest and fastest, and I've tried a few ROM and Kernel combinations.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
i downloaded Chevy's rom, did the reboot into clockwork recovery, the droid x restarts and starts to open the update, but then i get the dreaded triangle with the exclamation point in the middle, the phone reboots again, and goes back to normal....do i have to have something else on the phone before the update will complete?

You're doing something wrong. Once you get into recovery, there should be no more reboots until after you start and finish installing the rom.

stiltz85

Reaction score

I am having an issue exactly like this, I have already installed the rom and when I went to make a backup recovery it did this. It's starts the loading bar for clockwork and about a quarter of the way through it goes black and then starts to load SSX, goes to the launcher as if it were booting regularly...
I don't feel at peace unless I can make a recovery point, on top of that I use clockwork weekly, I need my clockwork back!:cus:

GrandMasterB

Reaction score

I am having an issue exactly like this, I have already installed the rom and when I went to make a backup recovery it did this. It's starts the loading bar for clockwork and about a quarter of the way through it goes black and then starts to load SSX, goes to the launcher as if it were booting regularly...
I don't feel at peace unless I can make a recovery point, on top of that I use clockwork weekly, I need my clockwork back!:cus:

The only time I have seen this is when my sdcard is full. Sure yours isn't?

GMB