Half-Rooted, and very very wet

arkabeoeht

Reaction score
Hello all, today I am going to share with you a very somber story, and request your help as to how I can fix this.
I have motorola droid 1, purchased in November of 2009. It was then replaced a few months ago.
I used easyroot a while ago, to root and then I changed the boot animation to an android robot peeing on the apple logo (worst choice of my life). Next, I did some sort of ota update, I don't remember what to, but I didn't unroot or anything first. This left me with only one problem, a phone that isn't rooted, but to verizon techs looks rooted (because of the boot animation).

Now EASY ROOT, recognized the phone as rooted, so it wouldnt let me unroot it, even though it didn't have any superuser permissions.

Yesterday, I accidentaly dropped my beloved droid into the toilet, but I acted fast and took it out. I then removed the batter, sd card, and I put it in a bowl of rice overnight.

This morning, it is working fine, but I fear that something will go wrong in the near future.

So here are my questions that I would like answered:
1. How can I be unrooted, with the normal boot animation/boot loader/recovery thing. (I don't really want to re-install EASY ROOT)
2. Before I use RSD lite or anything, can I backup all my apps and settings?
3. Once it is back to normal, if I bring it to verizon, what phone will they replace it with (droid 1, 2, X?) and what exactly needs to be wrong with it for it to be replaced?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE - for helping me solve these issues.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello all, today I am going to share with you a very somber story, and request your help as to how I can fix this.
I have motorola droid 1, purchased in November of 2009. It was then replaced a few months ago.
I used easyroot a while ago, to root and then I changed the boot animation to an android robot peeing on the apple logo (worst choice of my life). Next, I did some sort of ota update, I don't remember what to, but I didn't unroot or anything first. This left me with only one problem, a phone that isn't rooted, but to verizon techs looks rooted (because of the boot animation).

Now EASY ROOT, recognized the phone as rooted, so it wouldnt let me unroot it, even though it didn't have any superuser permissions.

Yesterday, I accidentaly dropped my beloved droid into the toilet, but I acted fast and took it out. I then removed the batter, sd card, and I put it in a bowl of rice overnight.

This morning, it is working fine, but I fear that something will go wrong in the near future.

So here are my questions that I would like answered:
1. How can I be unrooted, with the normal boot animation/boot loader/recovery thing. (I don't really want to re-install EASY ROOT)
2. Before I use RSD lite or anything, can I backup all my apps and settings?
3. Once it is back to normal, if I bring it to verizon, what phone will they replace it with (droid 1, 2, X?) and what exactly needs to be wrong with it for it to be replaced?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE - for helping me solve these issues.

They will see that the phone has gotten wet, and will not allow a warranty replacement.
However the best way to get rid of any past issues, imho, is to sbf to frg22d.

OP
A

arkabeoeht

Reaction score
I disagree

When I signed up for the insurance, the verizon clerk said it covered water damage, but replacing it is 50 dollars. Im ok with paying 50 dollars for a droid r something, but I would be reluctant to pay for a normal droid 1.

Also, where can I get that SBF file? And is that 2.2 that I will be flashing, or 2.1, or 2.0.1?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When I signed up for the insurance, the verizon clerk said it covered water damage, but replacing it is 50 dollars. Im ok with paying 50 dollars for a droid r something, but I would be reluctant to pay for a normal droid 1.

Also, where can I get that SBF file? And is that 2.2 that I will be flashing, or 2.1, or 2.0.1?

frg22d=2.2

Its available for download on the internets. I don't have the link handy however.

OP
A

arkabeoeht

Reaction score
Tried that

Ok, I just tried that guide, but after wiping everything, it said that the update.zip wasn't verified or something along those lines. Then installation aborted. What should I try now?

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
are you using a windows based computer? If so just name the file "update" sometimes it names it update.zip.zip which will give it that error.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, I just tried that guide, but after wiping everything, it said that the update.zip wasn't verified or something along those lines. Then installation aborted. What should I try now?

Which update.zip did you try?

Is it stock recovery? or sprecovery?

OP
A

arkabeoeht

Reaction score
Trying that now

I am about to try that now. Regarding my other questions, will they replace my phone if there is water under the screen (I pay for insurance), and what phone will they replace it with.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am about to try that now. Regarding my other questions, will they replace my phone if there is water under the screen (I pay for insurance), and what phone will they replace it with.

Probably a CLNR Droid

OP
A

arkabeoeht

Reaction score
Success

I have succesfully restored it to stock 2.2, but what is a clnr droid?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Certified like new

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App