Solved Half of my screen is "hidden"

Khayam

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC M8
Hi all,

My first post here, and not really sure how to describe the problem I am having.

Basically when I am on the home screen of my HTC M8 the screen is half "hidden". By this I mean that the right half is empty (I can see the background so this is not a "half screen is black" problem), the left half has my apps that are normmally on the right side, and when I swipe from left to right the other apps appear but the screen does not lock.

When I go to settings > customize > manage home screen, instead of having a rectangular home screen (shape of the phone's screen), it is more of a square, which could explain my problem as the center has the left side with my apps and the left side empty.

Not sure if I am clear, but thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

Best,
K

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Have you tried rebooting? Many times a simple power down and restart resolves quirky issues like this one.

Another thing you might try if that doesn't work is to bit into Safe Mode and see if the problem goes away. If it does then you have an installed app that is causing the problem.

OP
K

Khayam

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC M8
Have you tried rebooting? Many times a simple power down and restart resolves quirky issues like this one.

Another thing you might try if that doesn't work is to bit into Safe Mode and see if the problem goes away. If it does then you have an installed app that is causing the problem.

Well, I turned off and on my phone three times before posting. After reading your post I searched for how to start in safe mode, and started the process, when I noticed restart (as opposed to turn off) tapped on it, and no all is fine.

Thanks a lot for replying.

Best.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Awesome! :D Glad to have helped! Good luck and don't be a stranger. We need more like you - people who can actually see beyond the text on their screens. You took my suggestion and ran with it, succeeded in finding the method to accomplish what I had suggested and it fixed your issues. Bravo!

Now pay it forward! :)