Haha = Bahamas?!

Viktor Vaughn

Reaction score
Cuz = customer, and other ways that the droid reads my sms messages drive me crazy.

It's hard enough to win a sports argument via text, but when I am trying to rub something in via a well placed "haha" , the joke is on me when it reads "Bahamas"

Does this happen to anyone else?

haha

Del Vecchio

Reaction score
Yeah it happens to me as well. There are 2 ways that I can think of to remedy this.
1) Turn off Auto-Correct
2) Try spelling it ha ha. The auto correct will not change it to Bahamas if there is a space in there. This is what I usually wind up doing.

Hope this helps

edenofgarden

Reaction score
Yep, same here. I fixed it by holding down on "haha" or "cuz" in the word suggestion bar until it said "haha: saved" - now it lets me type my slang the way I want to. Hope that makes sense!

Echo3

Reaction score
I get that or I get Hagar. My friend thought Hagar was hilarious when I was trying to say "haha"

edenofgarden

Reaction score
Yeah it happens to me as well. There are 2 ways that I can think of to remedy this.
1) Turn off Auto-Correct
2) Try spelling it ha ha. The auto correct will not change it to Bahamas if there is a space in there. This is what I usually wind up doing.

Hope this helps

Try holding down on the word you want in the auto-correct bar, and it will say "haha: saved"
I use that feature because it reminds me of "Autotext" on my Blackberry, a feature I used ALL the time, and was bummed to lose out on, until I found the "hold & save" method. Not sure of the correct term for it, just found it while experimenting one day!

pmc2025

Reaction score
Yeah, I've been systematically teaching my Droid how to curse, laugh, and generally speak "man"

bone23

Reaction score
or u can just go into settings-language/keyboard-user dictionary. And add any word u want in there and it will remember it when typing in the future. i did that when i first got my droid and have all my slang or whatever ready to go

OP
Viktor Vaughn

Viktor Vaughn

Reaction score
Wow. Blown away by these responses. I was just posting it because I thought it was funny/annoying, I certainly didn't expect 4, sound solutions to be rattled off.

This forum is great, thanks.

Xerozix

Reaction score
hehe well now im using swype so I have no problem with spelling haha like hagar or bahamas its like google has no sense of humor lol

thelion

Reaction score
Oddly, "Droid" came out "Croissant"

As in "I am sending this from my Croissant"

kenjunior

Reaction score
does anyone else have 'ok' changed to 'ol'.

This is driving me CRAZY! I know I can turn off the autocorrect and I know I can simply touch the screen 'ok' but really, WHY?????

Virtual kb during anything, email, corp email, sms, txt message, they all get ok changed to ol automatically.

Newton122189

Reaction score
quickest fix would be to use the physical keyboard but i went into the phone dictionary and added all the words i use regularly, makes life way easier, you can do that by hitting settings>language and keyboard settings>user dictionary then you just press the menu button and hit add

crspang

Reaction score

This is driving me CRAZY! I know I can turn off the autocorrect and I know I can simply touch the screen 'ok' but really, WHY?????

Virtual kb during anything, email, corp email, sms, txt message, they all get ok changed to ol automatically.

probably cause you hit the "L" instead of "K"????

kenjunior

Reaction score

probably cause you hit the "L" instead of "K"????

crspang, nope, the first option on screen was 'ok' as in what I typed, if I hit the L key the first box was 'ol'.

Newton- that did it, I added ok, you know that crazy rarely used word in the english language. Now when I type ok and hit the space I actually have the word "ok" show up. :icon_ banana: