Had to share this:

patriot95

Reaction score
I just wanted to stop by and ask you all took time to look at the OG Nexus press shot on the first page here. THAT is a nice looking phone. THAT is why I loved HTC for such a long time. The Dinc was a great looking phone too but everything since then has been the same and boring. I really like what I'm seeing from the HTC Edge. Looks like HTC finally got their balls back. I'm going to go with the Samsung Nexus this time around, but I really preferred HTC's old mix of business, style and "oopff" to Samsung's more pretty and modern looks. Hopefully HTC can come out with the Edge and keep it looking the way it does now. That is a phone I would be extremely excited about (looks-wise).

So anyway, I'm not adding much to this debate other than to say none of the new phones (Nexus included) have the same character that the OG Nexus has. Sad, sad truth.

But anyway, my vote is for the Nexus and I will be buying it... the end.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just don't think the RAZR people understand how big of a improvement ICS is!
We're going from 2.3 to 4.0 - we are going right over 2.4 and even 3.3, there really is no comparison here :nerd:

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
this is great debating here folks. mind if i put some say? does anyone feel that regardless of nexus being a google phone, motorola will also have first dibs on software and ota because of there partnership that happened recently this year? i am a moto fan and still rocking the og. i do want the razr but that bootloader is killing me. and i would have to see how not being able to pull out a battery works on rooted phones. yo tberg, thanks for the 411. don't get discouraged with these posts. just words.;)

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk
Nope the Nexus will get the updates first no matter what. Its a Google phone so Google has full control over it. The updates don't have to go through a carrier. Google and Motorola are still working as separate companies. Nothing's really going to happen with that for probably a year or two.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
this is great debating here folks. mind if i put some say? does anyone feel that regardless of nexus being a google phone, motorola will also have first dibs on software and ota because of there partnership that happened recently this year? i am a moto fan and still rocking the og. i do want the razr but that bootloader is killing me. and i would have to see how not being able to pull out a battery works on rooted phones. yo tberg, thanks for the 411. don't get discouraged with these posts. just words.;)

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

Google recently came out and said that they were purposely operating seperately from Motorola so that they didn't alienate their other manufacturers. A Nexus phone will ALWAYS get updates first. And don't be shocked if the ICS updates come MUCH later than Moto has stated. And don't automatically assume the next Nexus device will be Moto either, I know a lot of people are thinking that.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
The reason I am going with the Nexus over the others devices is simple (outside of unlocked bootloader and stuff, updates don't matter since I will run CM)

The battery life is good. (Razr apparently loses 40% from 1 hour of internet usage on LTE)
And it is thiner than the rezound. (Its almost twice the thickness of the Razr.)

I honestly do not understand why the Rezound is so thick, it has a small battery compared to the two thinner devices, it is clocked higher than the nexus but that shouldn't make much of a difference.

Honestly, I can't even begin to believe that. Not even on my Bionic does the battery drop 40% in an hour for LTE Internet use. Maybe 20% at the most if it's really hot but 40% is unbelievable. If that's true then I really don't blame anyone for getting the GN over the RAZR because that's just ridiculous.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

wolstonc

Reaction score
First good write up can you post the source. Second I agree; I think htc lost a few customers with how the did them with the tbolt. Right now people are awaiting the gnexus and I think it will live up to the hype. I look at the original nexus and it has stood the test of time. Lets compare the specs of the og nexus to the tbolt.

Thunderbolt:

I cant wait for the Nexus.

Exactly. While I definitely prefer my tbolt out of the first batch (single core era) of lte phones, I don't like its battery life, I don't like how long it took to get gb on a "flagship" device, and I do not like how its been abandoned and replaced. And HTC seems to have no intention of improving battery life, ever. I am getting the nexus, and from now on I will probably only get VZW nexus devices, unless they try to force me out of unlimited data in the future at some upgrade point, which then I will go use sprint nexus devices, possibly galaxy s devices if they keep being great. Of course, VZW will probably force us to opt out of unlimited data in order to upgrade in the future at the same time that sprint someday stops offering it.

And HTC used to not abandon devices... Like the og incredible...

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Certainly is convincing. I would agree too
I agree but with a disclaimer saying this only applies to Android purist. People who are just looking for an Android phone in general won't necessarily see it this way but the article makes some great points.

Creed

Reaction score
Honestly, I can't even begin to believe that. Not even on my Bionic does the battery drop 40% in an hour for LTE Internet use. Maybe 20% at the most if it's really hot but 40% is unbelievable. If that's true then I really don't blame anyone for getting the GN over the RAZR because that's just ridiculous.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I wish it was a lie. "The Droid RAZR packs a relatively large 1780 mAh battery inside its slim frame, but we weren't blown away by its staying power. When using the phone regularly (to run benchmarks, surf the web, and download apps), we were down to just 30-percent juice after 3.5 hours. To be fair, though, we had the phone's screen set to 100-percent brightness. In another real-world test, the Droid RAZR's battery was down to 40 percent after an hour of mobile hotspot usage."

I didn't remember quite correctly, regardless, that is a very little compared to the Galaxy's battery. (p3droid posted on twitter: "Okay normal usage of phone..2 hrs and battery dropped 6% pretty damn good.")

Gadgetbox - Motorola Droid RAZR review: The new Android king?

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I really hope the battery life is as good as people claim because the Bionic doesn't get 15 hours of heavy usage like the rumors suggested (before it came out).

NoBloatware

Reaction score
What's on paper can be pretty meaningless if the phone is a buggy piece of junk. I'm not saying the Nexus will be but what if it is buggy, has poor reception, poor build quality, or poor battery life? Saying that the Nexus is better at this point in the game is premature.