Had to share this:

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by tgyberg, Nov 8, 2011.

1. tgyberg

tgyberg Silver Member

Ratings:
    +321
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6, 7, & 9
    I grabbed this post from another forum because I so strongly agree with it. The thread was another Razr vs Rezound vs Nexus debate. Sums things up pretty well dontcha think?!

The Nexus is far superior in EVERY aspect. Even in specs. Nexus has OMAP 4460
    Razr has OMAP 4430 and Rezound has the same ol MSM8660. The Nexus is
    UNDERCLOCKED at 1.2 ghz and the 4460 usually runs at 1.5 ghz stock. Not to
    mention the software on the Nexus which is obviously 4.0 has been built around
    that specific hardware. So if Google optimized ICS for that specific hardware
    setup that shows you something. It will run better on that setup then any other
    around. Not to mention you can OEM unlock the Nexus and you'll have to wait for
    exploits on the Rezound and the Razr you'll get some awful bootstrap application
    that won't even save you in a soft brick situation. To me the superior device is
    so obvious. The Razr is clearly marketed towards the average everyday user who
    just wants to make calls/text browse the web and do dumb things like Facebook.
    The Rezound will most likely be able to do the same things that the Nexus will
    be able to do though as long as it gets s-off (which I'm pretty sure it will,
    but when will it is the question). The development community is going to be
    absolutely HUGE on the Nexus, I am willing to bet it's going to be the biggest
    development community on a VZW phone since the original Moto DROID. Once again
    the choice is a no brainer to me and the majority of the people I know in the
    community. Nobody wants that crappy Razr and HTC does have nice hardware but
    they really need to switch up their style of devices. They are sexy as hell but
    the same old style is getting old IMO. Time for a little change HTC!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1337375 (post #9)

#1 tgyberg, Nov 8, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  2. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +5,256
    First good write up can you post the source. Second I agree; I think htc lost a few customers with how the did them with the tbolt. Right now people are awaiting the gnexus and I think it will live up to the hype. I look at the original nexus and it has stood the test of time. Lets compare the specs of the og nexus to the tbolt.

Thunderbolt:

I cant wait for the Nexus.

#2 pc747, Nov 8, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  3. Arkbird

Arkbird DF News Team
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +63
    I don't mean to be rude but we already know this stuff. Specs aren't what make people choose a device...or at least the average user (who will be (90% of the people who buy it). And this still won't stop people from buying the RAZR. It's got kevlar backing, slimness, made by Motorola so it's probably durable, a nice screen etc. So yeah this seems like a troll post to me.

4. pc747

pc747 Administrator

Ratings:
    +5,256
    sorry bout that cleaned up the double post and the gibberish at the beginning of the nexus one specs.

5. tgyberg

tgyberg Silver Member

Ratings:
    +321
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6, 7, & 9
    No, not a troll! Maybe if I put it in the Razr section it would be! Yea, its nothing earth shattering but I just thought the post summed everything up pretty well so I wanted to share it. Not trying to start any fights!

6. Gmansurge

Gmansurge New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've already ordered the Razr. It's thin, kevlar cover, nano technology moisture proof, and Moto has so many accessories to support their phones. I am getting the Lapdock and the regular dock too. Samsung can't touch Moto in this area.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

7. pc747

pc747 Administrator

Ratings:
    +5,256
    You have a good device and its all about what is the best device for YOU. And for once I am excited that our community allows for options where people can say "Ill have that". To quote burger king "you can have it your way".

8. tgyberg

tgyberg Silver Member

Ratings:
    +321
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6, 7, & 9
    I got the post from the xda forum and I thought it was well put so I shared it here. I posted it in the Nexus section and not in the Razr or Rezound section trying to rub anything in anyones face! There are other threads that could be called touchy out there: "Am I the only one who thinks the Razr is better than the Nexus" for example. I dont really see what the problem is here??

9. Arkbird

Arkbird DF News Team
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +63
    So you're posting this because people in the RAZR forum think the RAZR is better than the GN??? Okay power to you I guess. People in the RAZR forums may think their device is better and people here in the GN may think the GN is better. This doesn't mean either device is better. My point is just to let it go. Go for the one you like the best and think nothing of it. Specs don't make the device. It's the looks, feel, and performance. Anything can look good on paper.

10. 666ogre666

666ogre666 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I think the post has merit and I for one am glad he has shared it. It seems like legitimate information and sums up why the power user (otherwise known as most of the forum users) would want the Gnex rather then the other options. The information was put forth in a concise and easy to understand manner and showed the inherent differences between the devices. Regardless of whether or not the info is available elsewhere it does a good job comparing the three superphones on the horizon and I for one feel just that much more confident in my decision to buy this phone.

11. tgyberg

tgyberg Silver Member

Ratings:
    +321
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6, 7, & 9
    No, my point was other threads like this exist but no one blew a gasket over them! :p

12. tgyberg

tgyberg Silver Member

Ratings:
    +321
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6, 7, & 9
    Like! (for some reason your "like" button doesnt show up for me!) lol

Search tags for this page

omap4430 vs qualcomm