had to reload after root

Discussion in 'Thunderbolt Hacks' started by beeholtz, Jun 29, 2011.

1. beeholtz

beeholtz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i had rooted my phone, tried a few roms, cubed was one of them no problems until contacts started force closing. no biggie. switched back to the stock rooted htc rom. then tried to load cryogenmod, boot looped so i reloaded the phone back to stock through recovery. Do i need to reroot? i still have the superuser app there and can use rooted apps like setcpu and rommanager but superuser is not popping up to ask to give them permission... any ideas?
  2. turdbogls

turdbogls Active Member

Ratings:
    +4
    you cannot get back to stock, unrooted through clockwork recovery (i think) you can only do that by flashing the stock unrooted S-ON RUU

you are good to go
  3. beeholtz

beeholtz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i still have the superuser app and all that stuff but superuser wont pop up and ask to give permission to programs like clockwork and setcpu though, also i downloaded a program that checks if youre rooted and it said no.. however i know everyting was working fine before i had to reload it... should i try to root it again?
  4. beeholtz

beeholtz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ive tried deleting the old pmg.050 zip file or whatever its called and rerooting because it says s-on when i try to boot into recovery.. but it fails to do the update and wont let me flash or anything, also rom manager wont reboot or flash when i tell it to