had to get rid of my nexus

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think it all boils down to the different atmospheres of different users AND quality control fail. So many companies these days aren't living up to good quality control practices. Simply because they know the masses will buy it no matter what. With a name like Nexus, people assumed automatic greatness. There is still time for things to be fixed with it. No phone is perfect. I'm sure they wont let the Nexus go down like that, so expect fixes soon. I think it's a nice phone in general. but out of the box, I love the rezound. Did a lot of research early on and this was the one. Glad to take the Nexus defectors lol, but the Nexus will still be the best when it gets the fixes. Only because of ICS and google wallet IMO.

You can get those on the rezound. And ics is still running great for me so far . :D

chevihemi

Reaction score
You can get those on the rezound. And ics is still running great for me so far . :D

How can you use wallet on our Rezounds? We don't have the NFC or whatever the abbreviations are in our phones? I also have been running Clean ICS and am LOVING IT on this phone and the only bug I've noticed is the screen shows 100% power use in the power menu (I can live with that)!!!

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not to pat myself on the back, but I've been saying since day 1 that the Rezound is a sleeper - it's kind of like the Inc 2 for 4G phones. Quietly comes on the market, then slowly builds momentum as people discover it. So far it's been discovered a lot by disgruntled *insert other 4G phone name here* users because it actually has a solid radio.

Ok I guess that's patting myself on the back a little bit... ;)

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Not sure I understand all these radio issues with peoples nexuses. I haven't had one issue since I got mine.

cp24eva

Reaction score
Not to pat myself on the back, but I've been saying since day 1 that the Rezound is a sleeper - it's kind of like the Inc 2 for 4G phones. Quietly comes on the market, then slowly builds momentum as people discover it. So far it's been discovered a lot by disgruntled *insert other 4G phone name here* users because it actually has a solid radio.

Ok I guess that's patting myself on the back a little bit... ;)

/raises hand frantically

ooooo ooooooo I was there with you saying the same thing and have been ever since. lol. i know people are probably annoyed by my many posts dealing with anything Rezound. lol.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
No one ever listens to me when I tell them Samsung phones have radio issues, lol.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Not sure I understand all these radio issues with peoples nexuses. I haven't had one issue since I got mine.

I think its been hit or miss with this. Others swear they never had it and I believe them. But those who do can tell you its annoying.

alboboy10

Reaction score
No one ever listens to me when I tell them Samsung phones have radio issues, lol.

That's not true. Its a generalization based on one phone. My nexus has been solid with signal and my coworkers have samsungs and even with att they have solid signal. My Motorola dx actually before I sold it began having signal issues. That's the only android I ever had with signal issues. Other than that the rest have been great.

Go to bionic forums and see how many problems people were having with signal. Razr too. From what I've seen HTC makes the best phones in this department.

However, I really think the screen on the nexus is far superior to any in the market at the moment. It has the best of all worlds. Obviously it will be developed more than all phones on Verizon and with time its cons will be fixed since Google won't be making another phone any time soon they'll focus on updating this one better.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's not true. Its a generalization based on one phone. My nexus has been solid with signal and my coworkers have samsungs and even with att they have solid signal. My Motorola dx actually before I sold it began having signal issues. That's the only android I ever had with signal issues. Other than that the rest have been great.

Go to bionic forums and see how many problems people were having with signal. Razr too. From what I've seen HTC makes the best phones in this department.

However, I really think the screen on the nexus is far superior to any in the market at the moment. It has the best of all worlds. Obviously it will be developed more than all phones on Verizon and with time its cons will be fixed since Google won't be making another phone any time soon they'll focus on updating this one better.

I am not trying to put down the Nexus, it has some great qualities. I am just saying it's pretty common for a Samsung device to have radio issues.

I base my opinions on the Samsung phones me and my family have owned. They probably are not all like this, but I haven't had many issues with any HTC or Moto phone I have owned, including the Bionic. I have almost zero issues with my Bionic. The prompt update that Moto release fixed most everything, for me at least.

The Samsung phones me and family have owned were the captivate, fascinate and droid charge. All had very poor radio reception on both wifi and 3g/4g. No bit of official or hacked software/build/kernel fixed these phones. Not to mention the GPS lockings was also horrible. The screens were great, but not much else about them was. I know the Nexus is a beast of its own, and I do not own it so I cannot judge. Samsung on the other hand is suspicious to me.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Not to mention the GPS lockings was also horrible.

I keep reading this about the nexus as well, yet my GPS works perfectly.

I'm starting to think that I'm the only one who got a perfect nexus. Haha

samiusmc

Reaction score
I am not trying to put down the Nexus, it has some great qualities. I am just saying it's pretty common for a Samsung device to have radio issues.

I base my opinions on the Samsung phones me and my family have owned. They probably are not all like this, but I haven't had many issues with any HTC or Moto phone I have owned, including the Bionic. I have almost zero issues with my Bionic. The prompt update that Moto release fixed most everything, for me at least.

The Samsung phones me and family have owned were the captivate, fascinate and droid charge. All had very poor radio reception on both wifi and 3g/4g. No bit of official or hacked software/build/kernel fixed these phones. Not to mention the GPS lockings was also horrible. The screens were great, but not much else about them was. I know the Nexus is a beast of its own, and I do not own it so I cannot judge. Samsung on the other hand is suspicious to me.

You are spot on. I had the Nexus (2 of them) and both had terrible reception and the GPS lock took forever. I got rid of them because I suspected it was a hardware problem. Your experience confirms my suspicions.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I keep reading this about the nexus as well, yet my GPS works perfectly.

I'm starting to think that I'm the only one who got a perfect nexus. Haha

You're not alone. Mine is flawless. :D

@pc glad you got a phone that is working better for you! I can only imaging how frustrating it must've been for you going through 4 different ones!

x25064

Reaction score
Sorry to add to the non issue group but me too. At first it was shaky but it ironed itself out just fine. Never had a wifi issue which is odd, it was mostly a 3g in my house issue. Outside of my house I get 3-4 bars of 4g in most places.

Also I wouldn't go so far as to say the screen of the rezound blows away the nexus. If its one thing the gnex does right its the screen, and in that dept. it raped the rezound blind.