Had to do it...

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by hacku, Feb 17, 2010.

1. hacku

hacku Member

Ratings:
    +4
    So after I rooted my phone and installed the Sholes ROM, I kept it that way for about a week until a couple of the little bugs they had got to me and I decided to go back to stock and wait for the official 2.1 update.

Well, that didn't last very long. As soon as I heard they worked out all the bugs with the release of 2.0.5 I took the plunge and install it again. I couldn't be any happier now. They got rid of the 2.1 launcher which was a bit buggy and added more slots for overclocking to the kernel. (up to 1.2Ghz!!!)

If you haven't installed this ROM yet, you need to get on it. It's stable as can be and it really brings the phone to life.

I'm a happy camper and I don't think I'll be wasting my time with the "official 2.1" release.

2. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    :icon_ banana:right on hacku!! i'm loving this 2.0.5 too! :D

3. Riley

Riley Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've gone back and forth on rooting mine or not. Hearing that maybe by months end we see the 2.1 OS I'm holding out better. I guess I'm afraid I'll mess something up on it.

4. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Ohhh come on Riley :icon_ devil: you won't mess anything up....if Corinacakes up there can do it anyone can!! LOL just kidding

5. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    hacku, I'm right there with you. Disappointed that 2.1 didn't come down as quick as I had hoped I removed the root from the phone and went back to stock. Yesterday, I went with 2.0.5 Sholes though I have to admit I had some huge peer pressure on me to do it. I may still go back however if I think 2.1 really is near. Again. lol It's part of the beauty of Sholes mod.

6. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    :icon_censored: hay now!! you PROMISED you wouldn't tell anyone how dumb i am!!! :rofl3: paybacks are a B!!!

7. ViciousCircle

ViciousCircle Android Addict
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been running BB 7.5, what is the difference between it and Sholes 2.0.5?

8. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hey I didn't tell nothin.....:icon_ devil: lol

9. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Well, some suggest that BB 7.5 is more stable. I chose Sholes because it's easiest to install and to unroot if necessary. I have no problem with Sholes stability, btw.

10. ruinah

ruinah Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think I might take the plunge today and do the Sholes install. I would assume once 2.1 officially comes out they will take that build and do the same and root it, mod it, etc. I like the comfort that I can go back to factory if I need to for some reason (warranty exchange is the only reason I can actually think of right now). I really want wifi tether and this will get that for me. The rest will just be icing on the cake. I read through the 87 pages of posts on the install thread and it looks easy enough.

11. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I plan on waiting till the offical Droid 2.1 release comes out and then someone puts out an overclocked ROM based on that. Hoping the reason the release is taking so long is that Motorola is putting in goodies like a fix for the bad camera pictures, etc. Only time will tell.

12. schellbl

schellbl Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I read that if you root it voids your warranty. Does that still hold true if you can go back to stock with the Sholes mod?

Thanks,
    Brian