Had to delete original Gmail account & repurchase apps.

NYCbgall021

Reaction score
Hi all,
I need some serious wisdom from you smart people.
I had to delete my original gmail that I used to set up my Droid last year. I factory reset the same phone and created a new Gmail account. Why do I have to buy my apps all over again if I am using the same phone, credit card etc.?
Isn't there something that Google can do to verify it is still me and the same phone that I want to download my apps to?
Has anyone been in a similar situation? Who can I contact?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

NYC-BG dancedroid

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I did a bit of research because this seems like it could be an honest problem and here is what I have come up with, you are going to have to contact Google, the downfall is Google doesn't have a phone number where you can just call them up and explain the situation

You must log in using your Google information here http://www.google.com/support/forum first choose "post a question" then sign in, there are categories for Gmail, Android, and Android Market, plus everything else that Google does....choose your category, post your question and if an answer is not available then Google will contact you, not very productive, I know...they will probably have you prove who you are by some means too

Hopefully this gets the job done

Last edited:

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tough situation. Your apps (purchased and free) are associated with your Google account. So, if you enter a different account the apps will not sync. I understand your frustration. Did you contact Google to see if they would able to transfer from the old account to the new account?

Mike