Had my Droid 3 weeks... last week to decide.. should I keep it?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by xythil, Apr 4, 2010.

1. xythil

xythil Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys. So far the droid has done me good but Ive come to the realization that with SWYPE i hardly need the keyboard.

I was wondering if returning it within my 30 days would be my best move right now and just waiting and seeing if I like the HTC Incredible?

I love my Droid I just don't want to risk loving the new phones coming out this spring... and feeling like I got jipped

The only thing is I dont know when these new phones will be out and I am kinda addicted to mobile internet now and wouldnt have a smartphone until they got the new phones in

2. iPirate

iPirate Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    if you dont know, return it.

3. PapaDeuce

PapaDeuce New Member

Ratings:
    +0

This is the wrong mentality for ANY electronic device. No sooner do you buy any new tech, than better tech comes along. The only question to ask is "Have I enjoyed my time with my Droid?"

If the answer is yes, then keep it. If not, then return it,

Plus, you are asking on a Droid forum. I'm sure that MOST of them are very happy with it, or they probably would not be / stay here.

4. CatsTide

CatsTide Member

Ratings:
    +0
    wait for the incredible unless you're in love with the physical keyboard.

5. DaveH

DaveH New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know whats right for you. The only thing I can say is that you'll NEVER be on the cutting edge of technology for more than a few months at best, so unless you have unlimited funds I'd say find something you like and stick with it for a couple years. That said, I got my Droid last Thursday, and it isn't going anywhere. I love it! I do have an advantage though....there are two women on on the plans at my house who are happy with keeping thir old phones or taking hand-me-downs, so I can use their upgrades (their renewals are 6 months apart) if I really want to get something new. If not, mine comes up a year later. :icon_ banana:

6. T0M5

T0M5 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would definitely keep the Droid. You said it yourself "it has done me good", there is always going to be something better, you might as well hang on to something that works for you, and is pretty much proven at this time. The truth is that smart phones are really starting to explode now(thanks to android and the Droid, and some others) so there are going to be some awesome phones in the future, but from what I have seen the future is mostly going to be apps and updates, and the Droid tends to run those best. Hang on to your Droid and wait the two years, by then who knows what will be out.

7. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,672
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    if you are always comparing to the newest devices then you'll never be happy with the phone you have now.

I don't regret for one second that I chose the Droid. Even with all the new phones coming out, I still think the Droid suits me the best.

Yes I messed around with the Imagio and even a N1 the other day, but I still like my Droid. I use the physical keyboard alot too, so there's no way I'm giving that up. It's a feature on a phone that can't be left out to me. Droid has it and more.

8. naykam0810

naykam0810 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was an Iphone user and I thoght the same way, you know ,give the droid a try and return it before the 30 days, but I realized that the droid is the best phone out there. This phone is awesome and there is no way I'm going back to the Iphone. :icon_ banana:

9. jsh1120

jsh1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I've had the same dilemma with computers for some time now. I have to admit, though, that it's getting rather difficult to type on my IBM PC.

10. li2327

li2327 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If the Droid works for you why get rid of it? If you find you want something else, sell it and get what you want. I love all touchscreen but I do like the option of using a keyboard.

11. Robster

Robster Member

Ratings:
    +1
    If you choose to return the Droid then the phone you would like to replace it with (Incredible) will have to be available within the next week as well. I am fairly sure the return policy is such that you must return and replace your phone within the 30 day period. That is assuming you did not pay full price for the Droid. If you plan on paying full price for the Incredible then it doesn't matter how long you wait after you return your Droid.