Had lunch with two iPhone users today

mitchb2

Reaction score
They were seriously impressed with my Droid. They liked the look and feel, the speed, the multitasking, and the market. The fact that the phone actually works was icing on the cake. :)

They both said that even when they have 4 bars, the calls are terrible.
And then AT&T wants to SELL them a microcell so they can get service inside their homes.

I thought they would stick to their guns and make excuses for the iPhone, but they both love the Droid.

HEMDROID

Reaction score
We have ALL become sales reps for this product,,, I for one think there should be a tell a friend and get $50 bucks or something...

HEMDROID

Reaction score
aaaand a converted I%$%^$ user should be good for $100.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Weird, but the people i run into either 1. look at me cross-eyed for "splurging" on this device. or 2. are iPhone fanboys and refuse to give it a once-over or 3. tech-savvy friends who are impressed, but want to stick to their blackberry's for work.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
most of my buddies have 'dumb-phones'. There are a couple that have BB's but this is solely my doing, as when I had my Storm I pushed BB on everyone. :( My mistake... i didn't know any better)

Now with the Droid even my dumb phone friends are asking about it, wanting to see what it can do. It's funny though... with all the excitement the phone gets the only thing that holds back most of my buddies from getting it is the $30/month data plan.

Also... my sister, with her iPhone asked about my phone but doesn't want to look at it :) haha. found this funny.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
yes most "dumb phone" people I know really put the Droid out of their mind (too expensive, and $30 data plan)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
yes most "dumb phone" people I know really put the Droid out of their mind (too expensive, and $30 data plan)

but these are the people always asking you to check something online, or do this do that!

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

but these are the people always asking you to check something online, or do this do that!

oh for sure.

i'll get "your phone can check the weather tonight right? " or "what time is the movie?" etc...

Laurence5905

Reaction score
I for one think there should be a tell a friend and get $50 bucks or something...

I'd have over $200 right now (confirmed sales).

- Mega

I'd have $100 myself. Got a couple of friends of mine to switch (husband-and-wife couple). Of course they got themselves a single family-plan, so maybe that'd only count as one switch? So maybe Verizon only owes me $50 instead of $100? :)

joshua117

Reaction score

Haha, its funny because its true.
I have had mixed reactions to my phone. Some of my iphone fanboy friends wouldn't even acknowledge that fact it makes calls let alone does anything that their precious iphones can't. whatever. While I have managed to get two of the less 'hard core' iphone friends to switch to the droid.