Had by PdaNet?

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Hello all,

ummmm...... So I have been using PdaNet for the past couple of days, you know to tether my computer to my phone's 3G internet...... And I'm looking at my data usage for this month on My Verizon, and all of that PdaNet data is going towards Mobile Broadband Connect as opposed to my Unlimited 3G Smartphone plan... It looks like Verizon is fixing to charge me a crap load of money here guys, I used over 1GB so far, probably about 2GB when it's updated again....

So I guess my question is, is anyone on Verizon that is using PdaNet have this happen, do you/did you get charged for the data, is PdaNet epic-failing me, and how do I go about solving this problem!

grgguy

Reaction score
Was you Broadband card plugged in at the same time ? Did you tether in the settings menu instead of through the app ?

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
I do not have a broadband modem (USB/PCMCIA/etc.?) that is active, and yes, of course I went through PdaNet, both on my computer and on my phone!

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
At this point it seems VZW knows something is up. I would call them up and ask them what the charge is for the mobile broadband connect.

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Yep, I'm about to contact them- How is this even possible? PdaNet is supposed to go through phone data! Well I sent them an email too.... But no one else has had this problem?

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I used PDAnet when the airport card went out in my mac but I tethered through my home wifi connection so it wasn't using VZW's data. I have "heard" of people being charged but have never seen proof. Let us know what ends up happening.

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Will do. And worst case scenario, I will trash PdaNet (because it doesn't work obviously!) and just use Wireless Tether for Root, as I finally figured out how to Root, harder than it looks haha. By the way, I don't suppose you lose 3G signal randomly, my Droid X does it a fair amount of times, and I'm thinking about getting it replaced... Oh but that's off topic!

Anyway I do wish to add that I was rather disappointed in PdaNet overall, it's a pain to connect, as it turns off on the phone end a lot, I almost always have to end this process in Windows Task Manager before I can connect, and I tried and tried and tried but I can't get Bluetooth DUN to work, and yes I'm very technology literate!... Oh and a $24.95 program? Really?

grgguy

Reaction score
I have used PDA.NET on my D1 many times and never had any problem with it . Now that I'm rooted though I have no use for it and took it off my phone .

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Oh my god, sorry everyone, as it turns out, that Mobile Broadband Connect data usage is from the phone I had before the Droid X..... I thought they reset that with anew phone but I guess not.

rcpike72

Reaction score
Ok , now since you replied why not answer my question ??? WHAT IS IT AND WHAT GOOD IS IT ????

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok rooting is giving yourself administrative privilages to acces areas of your phone that would ordinarily be restricted to you. You can use root to overclock/underclock your cpu or flash custom roms and themes.

And the thread I posted is quite thorough, you might want to check it out.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App