Hacks on droid x official 2.2

vince10

Reaction score
ok guys im running official update and just got root is it safe to mess with it?? like bootstrap?? birdman did say sbf at this point will brick ur phone.....

donballz

Reaction score
Running deodexed Black Glass now. That said, make sure you know what you're doing as there is no more safety net. It's always been at your own risk with this stuff. If you know what you're doing, are careful and patient, there is no reason you can't mod your phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
If you are rooted and load clockwork and bootstrap can't you do a backup and load that if issues come up?

donballz

Reaction score
Yeah, but if you can't boot, you can't get to clockwork. It's not a true system recovery.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
If you turn your phone on and as soon as M logo goes away if you do a battery pull and put it back in Clockwork will boot up.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
That is how I got saved when I got stuck in bootloop trying to odex.

OP
V

vince10

Reaction score
Ok thanks guys I was talking more about compatability whith the ota I already got it backedup, rooted and deodexed the ota now running galaxy s theme ftw! Any more suggestion that I could add up to my phone that you guys have.

Last edited:
Reaction score
bharkin... what is MDW? Did a search and turned up nothing. It's probably a "plain as day" acronym, but my brain just farted... :icon_eek:

Thanks!

Reaction score
Thanks bharkin! Figured it was something simple... Running good on 2.2 OTA deodexed, but got RSD Lite 4.8 and the 2.3.13 recovery sbf just in case from MDW.

Thanks for your post.