Hacking/tweaking 3G settings and the radio driver

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Doing the Radiocomm hack? That hack might only apply to devices with a gsm radio, but I'm not really sure.
Little Side note: My speeds have crashed hard as a late, so I'm going to redo the Radiocomm hack and see if it has any results. I might've gotten throttled...
aefc22ac-4d98-70f0.jpg

Before-local server
aefc22ac-4db2-c15c.jpg
-done with a server 2,000km away
After. I got throttled alright...

Last edited:

Strangefello

Reaction score
Default Values

For the sake having them in-case of fire; does anyone know what the default values were for the radiocomm hack?

Strangefello

Reaction score
I was referring to the radiocomm portion of the hack, not the .prop. I tried checking with rc but alas it showed all 0000

Saosinx

Reaction score
I can't save/edit local.prop. im running angel rom, is that why? I tried anttek explorer, and I can edit but not save. Root explorer wont let me edit. Only option after long press is to open in text but it doesn't allow me to edit. Both are being granted su. Any ideas?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just checking, but you have root explorer set to r/w correct? Instead of r/o

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

ExodusC

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if HeXen ROM has these aforementioned tweaks pre-set? I had heard this, but I don't know.

If not, I want to give it a shot, sometimes Verizon's 3G speeds can be a little lacking.

Sent from my Droid 2 Global via Tapatalk.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Most likely, it already has, since it's partially based from Fenom. Speeds still depend on how much load there is on the network near you though, I mean, I get 2mbps down and 1 up without any of the hacks as of the moment.

audinutt

Reaction score
For the sake having them in-case of fire; does anyone know what the default values were for the radiocomm hack?

Big 2nd!!
Does anyone have the default radio settings so I can change it back, they didn't populate when I originally did the tweak.

Thanks!
-Richard

tvd2g

Reaction score
I tried it. I think the second part made it worse. First part works good I think. Faster loading times on web.

Sent from your moms yambag using my heXen d2g

TheTrigger

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if HeXen ROM has these aforementioned tweaks pre-set? I had heard this, but I don't know.

If not, I want to give it a shot, sometimes Verizon's 3G speeds can be a little lacking.

Sent from my Droid 2 Global via Tapatalk.

If it does, the lines aren't in data/local.prop

The only line in there is

"ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1"

rusty815

Reaction score
They're supposed to be in build.prop, not local.prop

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL running Cyanogenmod!!!

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
They're supposed to be in build.prop, not local.prop

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL running Cyanogenmod!!!

Actually they can be in either local or build so it's best to check both out...its just that the build.prop takes priority (with conflicting values in both, the ones in the build.prop actually apply)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums