Hacking noob Droid X black screen after setup wizard force close

gerry.t

Reaction score
I want to start off by saying I am EXTREMELY new to rooting and such on phones. That being said I am hoping that I have not totally bricked my new droid x. Here is my issue...(and I am going to need extremely simple step by step instructions) I was able to root my phone last night and even backup everything with astro file manager but I had another file manager also but I didn't like it and somehow with all my apps highlighted I hit the uninstall button (it was stupid I know but I thought I was uninstalling the app but it started uninstalling my applications one by one...I panicked and pulled the battery...also big mistake...unfortunately when I rebooted I didn't get past the red eye. Through the forums I found how to reboot in recovery mode and hard wipe, clear cache and all and when it rebooted it went to the google setup wizard I thought I was home free....

I was wrong...the setup wizard failed midstream and after it fails it would go to a black screen with nothing but the window shade (the window shade does work). I don't think it is completely bricked because while it has a black screen if I hit the power button it will go into standby and when I hit it again I will see the screen with unlock but once I unlock it the screen goes black again...

Unfortunately I don't think I should have gotten into rooting just yet and I am totally scared that I have ruined my awesome device my first week...PLEASE HELP!!!!

OP
G

gerry.t

Reaction score
How do I do that? What rom should I use? Do I need to rename? Sorry for all the booby questions just don't want to make it worse?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App