Hacking .. complicated

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by dawg2009, Apr 19, 2010.

1. dawg2009

dawg2009 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Question... why is it so darn complicated to add/change to a nice looking theme on the Android OS? I mean Kernals this, and Rom that .. it makes me want to pull my hair out and throw my droid accross the room. ( which would suck). BUt honestly is there anyone out there who can explain this is simpliar terms for those of us out there that are not tech types.. please...

2. RoLa

RoLa Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I like all the steps and complicatedness;) ...Makes me feel smart.....lol...keeps me busy

3. ClaudioKilgannon

Ratings:
    +0
    I would find a good guide to rooting on youtube then download metamorph. Then search for metamorph files you like and use that program to them your phone. I think the username is droid review or something to the like, but thats how I figured out how to root. He's really good at showing it and keeping it simple. Good luck and good rooting!

4. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Ratings:
    +33
    Not only does he like all the steps and complicatedness but he is extremely patient and sticks with ya no matter how big of a pain you are or how dumb you feel when it comes to rooting. I would not have gotten there with out RoLa!!!!

OOooooohhhh man there's those dancing bananas again!!!! (inside joke, sorry)

:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

5. RoLa

RoLa Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hahahaha...Thank you for the kind words dlwhtrose...you are not a pain and definitely not dumb...you know what it was you want, I just show you how to do it ...................more bananas:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-themes/38733-im-creating-live-wallpapers.html

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-themes/37811-theme-helixlauncer-requests.html

6. dawg2009

dawg2009 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you CLaudio for the advice... I'm not sure what the other two were suggesting or if they even were suggesting anything.. It seems they follow each other around just to talk to each other.

7. Jim 777

Jim 777 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Hey, if it were easy..... everyone would be doing it! :icon_ poke:

:biggrin:

8. INSANENEIVIESIS

INSANENEIVIESIS Active Member
    Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    :icon_ banana: :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana: this thread will be closed like all the other dancing bananah threads lol. but for now dacing bananahs :D

9. shmoo

shmoo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't worry about those 2. When you've been here long enough you start to develop friendships with one another.

10. NeverEndingXsin

Ratings:
    +0
    This XD

i think when we started the original "Dancing Banana Thread" it started to excite people and become a trend :)
    :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

now on topic, rooting and changing themes/kernels/whatever is really not that complicated. the first few times you might think "OMG THIS IS SO HARD" but after a few times its so easy that you dont even think about it anymore, just comes naturally.

11. dawg2009

dawg2009 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok well thank you all for the dancing banannas and all , but I guess I will just stick with stock on my droid. I did not mean to intrude on anyone or get made fun of for that matter for asking a question.. take care everyone.

12. INSANENEIVIESIS

INSANENEIVIESIS Active Member
    Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    no one was making fun of you. about a week ago there was a huge scandal, and to lighten eveone up everyone put dacing bananas in their post. :D

Search tags for this page

complicated terms for hacking

is hacking complicated