Hacking Bionic and Hijacking Google Market?

tedankel

Reaction score
Not sure what's going on, but for the 2nd day in a row I'm seeing a bright orange triangle at the top of my Bionic's display. Yesterday, when I accessed that notation I see sign-on failure and then see notation that my Google Account Password has changed...while I had not accessed anything through the phone.
Shut phone down, rebooted and went to Google's site to make new password. Little while later received email confirming password change (or note in case I didn't do it).

So now the same orange triangle and verbiage about sign-on failure, entering password, etc., though haven't been doing anything with Google Play. Think this is an attempt to hack Google account or anything else possible through this Droid? Or, is this a glitch in application auto-update?

Well, whatever the cause, the symptom has vanished. All it took was a storm wiping out server access, when they came back up, everything better.

Last edited:

Zanzaras

Reaction score
Not sure what's going on, but for the 2nd day in a row I'm seeing a bright orange triangle at the top if my Bionic's display. Yesterday, when I accessed that notation I see wording to enter my Google password and then see notation that my Google Account Password has changed...while I had not accessed anything through the phone.
Shut phone down, rebooted and went to Google's site to make new password. Little while later received email confirming password change (or note in case I didn't do it).
So now the same orange triangle and verbiage about entering password, though haven't been doing anything with Google Play. Think this is an attempt to hack Google account or anything else possible through this Droid?

I started seeing this on Thursday afternoon (6/28) I've ignored it so far just because it seems fishy to me (spidey-sense was tingling). It did eventually go away, but it still pops up occassionally.

Last edited:

dfcfu342

Reaction score
Sounds like it may be a server problem I've had the same thing. Just look out for "your password has changed" emails and don't enter it anywhere that asks and you should be fine.

bobbyp

Reaction score
I got the same thing and thought it was odd. When I pulled up Gmail or talk I logged right in.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Zanzaras

Reaction score
Same thing happen to me.

I'm not sure if this is a coincidence, but all of this started for me when i installed the "Atari's Greatest Hits" app on my phone. I didn't like it and removed it. While removing it, i saw a split second flash of a message that said something about something hadn't installed something else (it went by so fast i couldn't see very much of it) and ever since i've been getting the Google account messages. I believe it may have been OpenFeint (i think that's right) that was installed with the app, but to play it safe i did a factory reset on my phone and wiped the internal memory too. So far, i haven't seen any more messages. Like i said it may be a coincidence, so take it with a grain of salt.

bufordtpisser

Reaction score
There seems to be an issue in the way the credentials are being sent. It has happened to me at random times on random apps that need passwords. I usually just close and then reopen the app and it works upon reopening. I should probably capture the traffic going into the wifi router to make sure that it is not nefarious.

KL1

Reaction score
Been getting the same thing since Wednesday and Thursdays google app updates.

No new apps installed. Just simply update the google ones.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2