1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Hackers/Tweakers Gonna Stick with Droid?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by hajabooja, Jan 11, 2010.

1. hajabooja

hajabooja New Member

I was just wondering if EVERYONE that hacks and tweaks stuff for the Droid are going to head over to the Nexus One? Like the people over at Sholes.info... I hope they stick with the Droid cause they have done some amazing things! I can only hope we keep pushing the Droid to its limits!
  2. pinesal

pinesal New Member

I'm a bit worried about this too.

Here is something I posted on another board

3. noobified

noobified New Member

As long as the Nexus One is on a crappy network like T-Mobile, us Droid owners have nothing to worry about.
  4. Big Lou

Big Lou New Member

Not to mention the people who spend the time to hack aren't infinitely rich. Why would they spend the money on a brand new phone/plan/cancellation just to start all over from scratch. I'm sure they are gadget lovers like all of us, but they aren't stupid.
  5. hydrogenman

hydrogenman New Member

The N1 is where development's gonna be, period.

XDA and Cryogen are going to be all over it.

I just hope we keep the few people we have working on development on it
  6. pcm2a

pcm2a New Member

Clearly XDA will output the "quickest" stuff, but who in the world is going to use that t-mobile phone?

In the Google conference last week they said that Verizon would be getting one in a few months. Then I could see lots of Droid owners picking it up. Reviews on it don't sound all that great though, and no keyboard.
  7. miamidroid

miamidroid New Member

the only good thing about the nexus one is the processor, but the droid is on verizon and it has a keyboard plus alot more people have them I hope they do stick with the droid.. even though im curious if the nexus can be overclocked
  8. Randomocity

Randomocity New Member

People who already own the droid are probably going to stick with it, and that includes the hackers/tweakers. Even with the N1 coming to Verizon, I doubt we'll see much change from the community we already have. The N1 has XDA and Cyanogen, but we have whom we have, and the N1 wont change that enough to make a difference.
  9. MrCapcom

MrCapcom New Member

I think if anything most stuff would be able to be ported to DROID. We have the same size screen as N1 if anything we should get more people deving
  10. crdnilfan

crdnilfan New Member

I hope a lot of the good hackers stay with the Droid, and honestly, if you text on your phone a lot the Droid is for you, full keyboard is a huge plus.
  11. graff_king

graff_king New Member

I have the droid and as posted above, even once the n1 comes to vzw, as it will be shortly, hopefully the majority of devs will still stick with the droid
  12. hydrogenman

hydrogenman New Member

think we got it bad?

What about anyone who bought the Eris?

lol
  13. RW-1

RW-1 New Member

Not worried, figure the percentage that will move to the N1, NBD.

Reason? Once they figure out the N1, the CHALLANGE will be to port stuff out to other HW. That even includes the Eris hehehe ....
  14. hydrogenman

hydrogenman New Member

good luck

someone's gotta root the Eris first
  15. BartJJ

BartJJ New Member

i know most people arnt infinately rich as stated above but hey... why wait a few months after the release and buy one when they are dropped down in price for like $300 without a contract... i mean who doesnt wanna play hmmm which one do i wanna use today even if you do have to call *611 or whatever it doesnt take all that long ;)
  16. jaman1020

jaman1020 New Member

I think once 2.1 is fully on the droid, the benefit of having an n1 is almost negligible. Definitely not enough to pay the arm and leg it takes to get out of a cell phone contract
  17. zcar.300

zcar.300 New Member

I don't know about anyone else but I spent enough money on the droid to use it until my contract is up. I figure as many people as there are still using the G1 we wont have to worry about people abandoning the Droid.

And in my own opinion the Droid is better looking then the N1.
  18. CKyle22

CKyle22 New Member

Unfortunately, I have to agree with this.
  19. tr1pp1n

tr1pp1n New Member

im going to disagree with this citing NewsFactor Business | Motorola Phones Are Holding Their Own
    1.2 million droids out there already... htc and google made a mistake launching on tmobile before verizon... the reviews on the phone have been alright but not a game changer... most devs aren't going anywhere until a significantly more enticing piece of hardware launches, virtually no droid owners will abandon this phone for the n1 especially with etf costs and negligible performance upgrades... especially with the new possibility of overclocking
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2010