Hacked phone, won't turn on

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Marine7687, May 21, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. Marine7687

Marine7687 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I need help, I watched a video on youtube to jailbreak my Droid, now it only goes to the Motorola Screen when I turn it on. I took it to verizon and they told me whatever I did the warrenty is voided because my phone is missing something in order to system restore. Has this happened to anyone else?
  2. virtualhuman

virtualhuman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Since you can get to the Motorola logo you should be fine. Read up on this board and you'll be good to go. For starters, try pulling the battery and then holding the "X" button while you power up to get into recovery.
  3. Marine7687

Marine7687 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah i have already done that...i've taken the battery out dozens of times, I even followed the steps on how to wipe data factory reset, and did that three times, still nothing
  4. brando56894

brando56894 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Its happened to a ton of people, myself included. Once you modify anything on the phone verizon wont touch it. Follow what VirtualHuman said, pretty much all you have to do is restore a previous backup that you have, its most likely an issue with the kernel youre using so try one with a lower clockspeed an/or higher voltage. Its all about trial and error, you'll get it eventually.

edit: factory resets just wipe the /data partition, youre problem most likely resides in either /boot or /system. If you dont have any backups to restore, let this be a lesson to always make backups :) If all else fails you're going to have to flash your droid with the 2.0.1 SBF and re-root, here's how to do it dont be scared of the giant red warning, its just to inform you that it is possible to brick it but rarely ever happens, just dont touch the usb cable while its flashing. Ive had it fail a few times while it was flashing and feared the worst (bricked droid) but after a reboot she booted up fine :D
  5. Marine7687

Marine7687 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah when i go to do that in recovery mode it says
    ClockworkMod Recovery v1.8.1.4
    Couldn't open directory no files found
  6. virtualhuman

virtualhuman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, if it helps, I would be very, very surprised if you don't end up getting this fixed.

Keep reading up on this forum, provide lots more details so anybody who reads this thread has enough info to try to help (what method were you using, how far did you get, what recovery image is on your phone right now, etc - anything you did), and you also may want to PM a mod to ask for this thread to be moved to the Rescue Squad section.
  7. brando56894

Ratings:
    +0

I think I know that error but Im not sure its the correct one Im thinking of. Does it give you the recovery menu (reboot, install update.zip, nandroid, etc...) or just that error? If its just the error and no menu youre going to have to re-flash because AFAIK theres nothing else you can do at that point.
  8. Marine7687

Marine7687 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can I still re-flash, because the phone can't be mounted so I can't transfer data to it
  9. brando56894

Ratings:
    +0
    yea, you just have to boot into "bootloader mode" which is completely independent of the recovery console. Instead of holding down "x" during bootup you hold down "up" on the dpad and it will boot into bootloader mode and then you will be able to flash the SBF. Read the link I posted it explains it all, this is the "official" way verizon/motorola fixes their phones.
  10. Marine7687

Marine7687 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hey I just tried to download it and it says Failed flashing process. Interface BP. Error sending RAM download for bootloader. Device API error
  11. brando56894

Ratings:
    +0
    Yea thats the one Ive gotten a few times, just reboot the droid and keep trying it until its successful.
  12. Marine7687

Marine7687 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My Husband left lol. I have a quick question he left the phone here. and now the phone says system update. a system update is ready for you phone, phone will restart and install the update should I click to install, or just leave it until he gets back? lol
  13. brando56894

Ratings:
    +0
    Definitely dont update it, it will completely negate what he was working on since it will put him on android 2.1 and he'll have to do the same thing over again lol

You can root the phone for him if you want to be an (more?) awesome wife lol its pretty easy. All you have to do is download an app to the phone from here and hit ok a few times and it will install everything an re-root the phone with minor human interaction (all you have to do is reboot the phone into recovery mode and hit "apply update.zip" and then reboot and youre finished.) If you read through the steps stop at #20 which is the part to choose which rom you (he) want(s) to install.
Search tags for this page
after rooting andriod it wont turn on

android wont turn on after rooting

droid razr wont turn on after rooting

hacked android doesn`t turn on
i think my droid was hacked and now my android wont let me d
motorola droid razr son jailbroke phone and wont boot now

my phone got hacked and now it wont turned on

phone wont turn on after rooting droid
rooted android now wont turn on
rooted droid unrooted has second partition after hacked