Hack to customize LED colors?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by donerico, Oct 19, 2010.

1. donerico

donerico Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is there any hack/app I can use to set different LED colors for different applications like UD, ShadowROM, etc? If they can do it why can't an app do it?

2. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What apps do you want to customize colors for? MissedCall and Handcent will let you do it for calls and text message notifications.

3. Se7enLC

Se7enLC Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ROMs change things that apps just can't. Sometimes you can get away with compiling system apps and just pushing them onto the phone, but with a lot of hacks, the change effects so many things that it's just not worth doing it that way Without knowing the details of how that hack works, I would guess that it is like that.

CyanogenMod also has that hack, and it works great

4. donerico

donerico Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I want to do it with gmail, email and talk as well as messages, calendar and missed calls. I am using DarkEdge which does not work with any of the ROMS that have this feature.

5. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would say to think about switching ROMs then. Lots of new ROMs have this feature. Either that or you have do download a bunch of apps just to make different apps blink, and thats just not worth it. Try out CM6 or ShadowROM... or the newest UD coming out soon will have this feature. Then find another theme you like :)

6. donerico

donerico Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I guess that is what I will have to do. I was using UD until the new version took this feature out. I have used ShadowRom as well and I like it. The reason I like DarkEdge is because of the white text on black background throughout the whole phone (helps the readability for me). I don't think there is another theme that is that comprehensive, otherwise I would be on SR or UD. I am currently running BB 0.5 with DE.