Ha Ha Verizon

S

SFGate

Verizon CSR's used to do wonders fixing problems for me over the phone, then when the bill arrived, nothing had been changed or fixed. Finally, I had enough and left. Years later, their final bill amounts reappeared on my credit report. Be watchful of Verizon, and keep proof of your final payment if you ever close your account. You may need it like I did. ATT and I have just parted ways and I've decided no more contracts with any of them.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I believe the O.P. isn't telling us everything or blowing smoke too. I also challenge you to go to AT&T. I hope you have unlimited data with VZW, and then when you call retentions and tell them "hey I went to AT&T, what will you do for me", they reply sure come on back, and enjoy your 2 GB limit. If you really are out of contract, you more than likely have unlimited data.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Also if/when they come back will they get their old data plan or the new one?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

kparks

Reaction score
Hmmm I would of hung up also if u weren't such a douche about it they would of hooked u up u need to learn how to talk to ppl it sounds like.. I was still under contract for 1year and 4months and upgraded my sister phone and got a month off my main line which = $130 and I sent them a email complaining about my batt life on the tbolt and they credited my account 70 bucks to get a 49$ battery she said the 20$ is for gas :) vzw hands down best customer service I've ever had!!! So I walked across the street and got my battery lol ;)

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

SleazyClown

Reaction score
OP sounds like one of those customers that feel they are entitled to the world just for being a customer. You come off that way and a rep will certainly not want to help you. Learn to approach the situation the right way and the rep will try their best to help you out. It's funny how often and how quickly people who can't communicate revert to the "i'll go to xyz company then" as a gambit. It's no longer threatening because its been used too much. It might work on a manager or on the phone with customer service, but definitely not with a sales rep who's trying to meet a quota. Too much games and way too childish. Disclaimer: this is a general statement about people who say they are gonna go to a different company

Last edited:

shortsxit

Reaction score
I love that Verizon called your bluff, hung up on the OP, and gave him nothing that he wanted, yet he titles the thread, "Ha Ha Verizon" and writes the post like he got something in on them.

OP
V

vireya

Reaction score
Thank you for all your 'kind' replies.

To give a final report, please know that when I went in to the verizon store here, I asked for the mgr. I told him my story., being lowballed, verbally promising a 50 discount, and actually getting a facetoface 30 discount.

He could not give me a 50, but he did give me a 20 credit on my bill. I then got the phone of my choice with a 30 discount. I also bot an extended battery, but when I found the 3200 ext batt online, he accepted the return of the batt with no ?s asked.

Contrary to all your accusations, I was never rude. I was persistent. What wud you do if you were promised 50 off and then get a mere 30 off when buying? I guess all those accussers wud just say nothing.

I feel the moral of the story is:
Dont deal with the online help desk at Verizon nor pay any attention to cold calls re your acct. Deal with the store manager instead

Online help desk promised the I 5 in April, when the actual date is in November
Online help desk told me false info when advising me as to which phone to get
According to the store, facetoface, the online help desk was accused of lying, NOT ME, but the store people said that

So now what do all you naysayers have to say?
I got the correct phone at the price I wanted

HA HA

WallyIAm

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
So now what do all you naysayers have to say?
I got the correct phone at the price I wanted

HA HA

You still have an entitlement mentality.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

rbw62

Reaction score
Hey anyone get the OTA IC update?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums