H.D.R. on Droid

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by r1nstang, Apr 27, 2010.

1. r1nstang

r1nstang Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know of an app that can create H.D.R. photos? Or anything that can make the droid camera take 3-5 pics instantly. example. 1 pic right before flash, 1 pic during flash 1 pic immediately after flash.

2. jcardona1

jcardona1 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +40
    interesting concept, but i dont see it working too well since HDR usually needs a tripod. and with the droids painfully slow shutter speeds, all youd get is blur. maybe doing an 'artificial' HDR image by creating 3 exposure version via picsay, then combing them? i dunno!

3. r1nstang

r1nstang Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah I was also thinking the shutter would be too slow for it. I use photomatix and just use 3 pics with different shading via photo editor but those HDR pics suck compared to the ones I see taken correctly haha

4. Erron

Erron Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    I dont think the droid has enough programmable options like exposure to do true hdr.

5. Sweettooth

Sweettooth Member

Ratings:
    +11
    It'd be kind of pointless in my opinion to try and take an HDR pic using a 5mp camera. I'd think it'd still look kind of crummy.

6. gardobus

gardobus Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It doesn't do HDR but you might want to check out Vignette. It does lots of other things and I've created some fairly nice looking images with it.

Would be pretty damn cool if it did HDR though, even if it was a fake HDR using one image.

7. ksaim

ksaim New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree, I don't think an HDR image would look all that great from the Droid's camera; however, some developer should be able to create an HDR effect. There are plenty of them for the iPhone and the Android platform is far better, lol.

8. r1nstang

r1nstang Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah but the droid is the only camera I have. and i'd like to get some HDR pics of my car and bike.

9. Sweettooth

Sweettooth Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Yeah I feel ya. You can pick up a decent little 8MP Kodak Easyshare for like $200-$300 which ain't bad. I was actually looking to get something better, somewhere just before a full blown photography camera, that way you have the option of taking some really sweet pictures, without feeling guilted into going full blown photographer to justify the price lol

10. jcardona1

jcardona1 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +40
    for just a little more ($350) you can get a true DSLR for amazing pictures, like the nikon D40

11. r1nstang

r1nstang Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I bought my girlfriend an Easyshare for her birthday this month. Its an 8 or 10MP cant remember exactly. But camera, rechargable lithion battery, carry case was all bundled together for like $89 at walmart. It was one of those that was being discontinued because the new models are coming out. I guess ill just have to sneak it away from her someday

12. takeshi

takeshi Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The pixel count is the least of our problems with the Droid camera. You could certainly do HDR photography with less. It's the slow shutter, the poor sensor and poor optics that are the biggest issues IMO.

Search tags for this page
can you make hdr pictures on droid razr
driod camera hdr apps

droid hdr

droid razr hdr
droid x hdr hybrid mode
droid x2 hdr
hdr for droid x2
what is hdr droid x