gvoice free call

shortfuse12

Reaction score
hey folks new member here and im picking up a motorla droid today, and i already have my google voice, question i have is has anyone tried making a call on gvoice to canada? cuz my plan with verizon is 100 bucks 1350 including canada i have families in canada that i always call, now with gvoice canada is free right? all i just have to sign up for is that 69 amonth unlimited right? please let me know asap before i pick up the phone

knotbeerdan

Reaction score
No you will have to put credit on your google voice account. When you log into google voice look on the left side and it will give your your remaining credit. But if you set your google voice (not the number you set... the number your phone calls) as one of your friends and family then your calls inside the US using your google voice are free

Edit - Nevermind i just looked at the rates and canada is free. You just have to do like i said and set google voice as one of your friends and family so the calls are free to google voice too

Last edited:
OP
S

shortfuse12

Reaction score
heres another question keep my number or choose new google voice number?

knotbeerdan

Reaction score
that is up to you. But I noticed when i dial using google voice it says calling number xxx-xxx-xxxx and that is the number it calls to use my google voice number which is a different xxx-xxx-xxxx

OP
S

shortfuse12

Reaction score
whats the difference wth having a new number and ur old number? lets say one of my family calls me from canada and using my OLD phone number i can answer the call with gvoice right?

knotbeerdan

Reaction score
What are you referring to as an "old" number? are you changing your google voice number or are you referring to your carrier number?

droidilac

Reaction score
whats the difference wth having a new number and ur old number? lets say one of my family calls me from canada and using my OLD phone number i can answer the call with gvoice right?

If they are calling your original number its not gvoice. If you choose a new number and they call your new number (gvoice) number then yes you will be answering through gvoice.

I added the Google access number (the number google dials to make the call) and the Google number to the friends n family list. There is a whole write up about this somewhere....