GV app for changing call forward settings?

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this has been discussed, but I wasn't quite sure how to search for this. Let me know if there's another thread already and I'll ask my question there.

It there an app, or built in functionality in Android to be able to easily switch between 2 or 3 different forward numbers when receiving an incoming call on google voice?

I get very poor cell service (on a good day) at my home, and I want to be able to quickly & easily change GV settings to forward calls to my home (when I'm at home) and to my cell when I'm away. I don't want to have to log on to the internet each time to switch numbers.

I realize that I could simply have GV ring both lines simultaneously, but I don't think my wife would appreciate the added incoming calls on the home phone when I'm not there and the baby is sleeping.:icon_evil:

Here's hoping!:icon_ banana:

OP
MNTNBKR

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
OK, I'll take that as a no...LOL.

Well, I was looking through the settings in the official GV app and noticed that under the "this phones number" setting, I have the option of changing the setting to any of the numbers that I have configured in GV. Why is this an option? Does it change the caller ID info that is seen on the other end when I make an outgoing call? It certainly doesn't actually chang the number. I'm confused.

Can anyone enlighten me?

gathea

Reaction score
If you pick up the call, ask them to hold on for a second. Press the * key and all the other phones on your call list will ring. Answer the phone you wish to use for your call.