GV and Verizon

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm or deny that setting your GV number as a Family and Friends number will give you unlimited outbound calls, if you call yoru Google number first? I'm getting conflicting stuff from different sites. Does it definitely work?

imiller913

Reaction score
I wanted to know the same thing. I saw a youtube video that if you put the routing number that gv calls when you say make a call with gv into your friends and family to get unlimited outgoing calls. So that is how I have mine set up right now.

OP
czerdrill

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Or you can just dial your gv number first, hit option 2 to dial your contacts number. but the problem is does it actually work and give you unlimited minutes?

Coraline

Reaction score
As I understand it, the number that GV calls changes if you are in a different area. It may stay the same when you are at home, but if you travel, watch that you aren't using a number outside your friends and family choice.

OP
czerdrill

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
As I understand it, the number that GV calls changes if you are in a different area. It may stay the same when you are at home, but if you travel, watch that you aren't using a number outside your friends and family choice.

Right, but if you call your Google number directly, it shouldn't matter right? The above is only if you're using the GV app to dial out right?

imiller913

Reaction score

thanks I never thought of that I might have to put my gv number in friends and family as well then.

BartJJ

Reaction score
i can somewhat confirm this... when i use it if you look in your recent calls it only shows you recieving a call from your google voice number... wont be able to say for sure until the 15th when the bill comes in :)

OP
czerdrill

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Great, please do update us on the 15th with this info! :)

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Add your Google number and the number that is dialed when you place a call using GV to your friends and family list and you should be good to go.

CharmPeddler

Reaction score
used to be on Alltel, and LOVED the Google Voice added to My Circle workaround. i had the 500 min plan with 10 my circle #'s. now im on VZ's 700 min plan and i dont get ANY damn friends and family. so low and behold i cant use GV anymore. these are truly sad times...

thistle

Reaction score
The only way there could be conflicting reports on this is if someone was using the official Google Voice app and didn't realize it doesn't use your GV number for outbound. Since the droid launch on Verizon I have used less than 30 peak minutes and thousands of peak, M2M minutes using F&F with GV. There is no question that it works.

imiller913

Reaction score
The only way there could be conflicting reports on this is if someone was using the official Google Voice app and didn't realize it doesn't use your GV number for outbound. Since the droid launch on Verizon I have used less than 30 peak minutes and thousands of peak, M2M minutes using F&F with GV. There is no question that it works.

that is good to know, what number do you have in your friends and family? And are you using the official google voice app?

OP
czerdrill

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

Great, so if we don't use the GV app, and instead dial our number and hit option 2, everything should be golden right?