Gummyjar to Liberty Rom

wb1960

Reaction score
I currently use the gummyjar rom. The Liberty rom looks pretty awesome. What do I have to do download and install the Liberty Rom? Can I just use one on top of another?(Stupid question??)

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Install it the exact same way you installed gummyjar..

bootstrapp to recovery
wipe data and cache
install zip from sd
choose zip
reboot
enjoy:icon_ banana:

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Gummyjar runs much better on my phone than liberty did. Liberty has some awesome features though.

phartwig

Reaction score
I can't get my phone to reboot into recovery from rom manager it just reboots into normal....any help?

jsw6380a

Reaction score
O... Rom Manager. I can't provide much help with that... I use droid x bootstrapper. If you need help with that see my signature.

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Its like 3 bucks tops... Its much safer in my opinion and gives you a ton more recovery options... You should be able to find it someone in a file and just download.

OP
W

wb1960

Reaction score
to use liberty rom do you need to have 1.0 before you can use 1.5

turdbogls

Reaction score
I can't get my phone to reboot into recovery from rom manager it just reboots into normal....any help?

Rom manager is only good on the DX to download Roms and that is pretty much it. dont buy the premium or whatever it is...it is worthless.

download Droid X bootstrapper, open it up, give it superuser permission,
bootstrap recovery, OK
reboot recovery

this will get you to clockwork recovery,
make a backup if you dont have a current one (always good to make a backup anyway)
wipe data and cache
install .zip from SD card
choose .zip
navigate to where you saved it (if DLing rom from the phone, it is usually under the downloads folder)
choose the file, select yes, and let it work its magic. then reboot phone and you are golden.

should be the same exact process you used to flash Gummyjar.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
I wouldn't use rom manager for anything, too unreliable. Far too many people report issues with rom manager on the x for me to recomend it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

jsw6380a

Reaction score
i wouldn't use rom manager for anything, too unreliable. Far too many people report issues with rom manager on the x for me to recomend it.

Sent from my droidx using droidforums app

+1+1+1+1+1

xxldylan55

Reaction score
im new to custom roms so do you have to install jummy jar of the web and manually put it on your sd card before you reboot and recover? if so can you post the like because i went in to several websites to try and down load it with no luck

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
im new to custom roms so do you have to install jummy jar of the web and manually put it on your sd card before you reboot and recover? if so can you post the like because i went in to several websites to try and down load it with no luck

Gummyjar is only a Froyo ROM. There are tons of GB ROMs out there now.

If you want Gummyjar, make sure you are on Froyo and download the file. Make sure its on your SD Card (if you downloaded it from your phone, it will be). Then use Droid2 Bootstrap

Boot Manager