GummyJAR 3.0 GB edition -Work has commenced-

cizzlen

Reaction score
Patiently waiting

Keyjar you're an amazing guy! Thanks for all your time, effort and hard work!!!! dancedroid

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Gummyjar is great but adding a toolbox to it just like the liberty 2.0 would make it the ultimate! I have had 0 bugs with my gummy thank you bro hope u think about my idea

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
In my experience I felt the toolbox and the plethora of other options took away from the stability of the rom in liberty. GummyJAR has more than enough options as it is for me and I feel like stability should always come first.

supermandroid

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X 2nd Gen
In my experience I felt the toolbox and the plethora of other options took away from the stability of the rom in liberty. GummyJAR has more than enough options as it is for me and I feel like stability should always come first.

I agree. I feel like the GUI Toolbox was a double-edged sword. However, I think that the script/terminal toolbox (a la Apex 1.4.1) works amazingly well, and I've had no stability problems whatsoever. I remember there were a few times zip aligning and/or fixing permissions would freeze in Liberty, but worked flawlessly in the terminal emulator.

bsbabcock

Reaction score
Yeah if you think about it.. The major "theme-related" goodies can be done outside of a "toolbox" in bootstrap, such as installing a theme, changing the system font (in which case there is a big site dedicated to droid flashable font zips), installing a themed app or other goodies. The other non-file-download things such as system config tweaks can typically be done elsewhere as well such as sysctl settings, zipaligning apps, etc.

Agreed, the Apex 1.4.1 toolbox in terminal works well, except the debacle with his hosted server going down rendering everyone's toolbox useless at best. Makes you wonder whether you'd want so much reliance on a remote host for sourcing themes and modded apps. Plus it's one more thing for our developer to manage. Granted it took me a while to learn that I'd be fishing through forums for goodies including the roms, themes, fixes, fonts, info on settings, as opposed to a big disneyworld website.

droidx8791

Theme Developer
Reaction score
Need to just have a website that holds all themes, options, to change whatever you want in zip form to flash. And then I believe the issues wouldn't be there because rubix and other roms don't have the bugs and stability issues.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

droidx8791

Theme Developer
Reaction score
Old saying ...if its not broke don't fix it. The site could have all fonts and themes with screen shots and all other mods to choose from.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

mwaters33

Reaction score
Will there be one for the droid 2?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

I will try.. Don't have a D2 and am not sure how much different the two are in GB... If they are as similar as they were in froyo, then yes.

JBoxen has made an update.zip for gb like yours for 320/340 that a buddy used to install dx version of LexLite 4.0 on his D2. Link below for any D2 owners wanting to try it.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...versal-dx-d2-rom-porter-gingerbread-leak.html

soulsiphoner

Reaction score
GummyJar 2.5 was the first rom I flashed on my X, I moved to many others since, but I can't wait for 3.0! I probably will donate something to kejar for his work. I don't agree with jrummy charging people to beta test...wow! I'm currently running liberty 1.5 still though, 2.0 and 2.0.1 just didn't run well on my phone. I might go back to the leaked gbrooted, idk.please keep this thread alive people!

mugsy77

Reaction score

I'm sorry. I had to post this because you said, "plethora".

[video=youtube;-mTUmczVdik]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mTUmczVdik]YouTube - Three Amigos-What Is A Plethora?[/video]

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6

I'm sorry. I had to post this because you said, "plethora".

[video=youtube;-mTUmczVdik]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mTUmczVdik]YouTube - Three Amigos-What Is A Plethora?[/video]

haha good stuff

grayzweb

Reaction score
Looking forward to this. I always liked GummyJar over Liberty myself. They are both great roms.

Liberty is better for people who want a Blurless rom, then add all the blur they like back in.
GummyJar should be just plain Android IMO.

Whatever kejar decides, I'll be looking forward to flashing this.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

PhishPhan

Reaction score
KJ - man, cant wait for GummyBread (lol - or whatever you decide to call it)
I will not even hesitate to jump ship from Liberty - as good as JRum may be as a dev, I have always liked your work better!

BTW - you have another EU willing to brick an X and sbf back to life to assist in testing if you so chose!
:icon_ banana: