Gummy and Kindle

darthleland66

Reaction score
I'm running Gummy 1.0.2 and the Kindle app isn't working...I can load it but it will crap out right after the Kindle splash screen. The system will still recognize the app as running but I can't access any of the books. I've tried uninstall and reinstall and also tried restoring app and data from TiBu... I'd rather not have to do a full data wipe for one app. Any other Gummy users running into this problem?

Sent from my XT875 using DroidForums

lucasmjl

Reaction score
Me too

I just installed Gummy today and I'm having the exact same problem.

jaredschiro

Reaction score
I tried the last 4 versions of gummy with multiple full wipes and older versions of kindle. None of it worked for me. I had to revert to axiom aokp. Too bad. Gummy is my favorite ROM but kindle is my most used app.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

deduct

Reaction score
Same here. Im back on eclipse. Sick of the hard ware acceleration problems with these ics roms. Does give you an idea of how sick the official ics update will be though.

Sent from my eclipsed bionic

OP
D

darthleland66

Reaction score
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one...I noticed that the Nook app works just fine on Gummy...at the moment, I'm working on trying to convert some of my existing Kindle books to the Nook ePub format so I can try and boot them up through the Nook app. I'll keep you guys informed of my progress :)

DL66

OP
D

darthleland66

Reaction score
Ok, well, depending on how many Kindle books you have, it could be a pain in the butt, but the process does work...

You can take the files in your Kindle content folder (usually a .azw extension I believe) and convert them to the ePub format.

The Kindle format is DRM protected, so you have to remove the protection. I used the demo version of a program called Kindle DRM Removal (will let you decrypt 3 books before you have to purchase)

Then, you can take the drm-less files and run them through an Online Converter

Once they are converted, move them to your Nook app by placing them in the /sdcard/Nook/Content/MyDocuments folder.

They will now show up in your Nook and you can read them on Gummy :)

Hopefully the devs will be able to fix the Kindle app problem, but until then, you can at least still use Gummy with your books again.

DL66

OP
D

darthleland66

Reaction score
Update: I got a response from 13thangel over on Rootzwiki: Installing an earlier version of Kindle will alleviate the problem: Kindle for Gummy