Gummi 1.0 ICS for Droid 4

The Worst

Reaction score
Hey guys. Does hardware acceleration work here? How about video recording and face unlock? I want to know if I'll be able to run Chrome with this. Thanks.

stkma70

Reaction score
Hey guys. Does hardware acceleration work here? How about video recording and face unlock? I want to know if I'll be able to run Chrome with this. Thanks.

Video acc, Idk. But the rest, all no. No camcorder, face unlock, or working chrome

Sent from my ICS flavored DROID4

stkma70

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure its in in beta. Aside from all that you've already mentioned, its great. Data is phenomenal on this. Goin on 2 whole days without any hiccups. Even toggled data on and off various times throughout the day and never hesitates to come back. This WAS the only deal breaker for me in .9, all the other bugs didn't matter so to me, its perfect

Sent from my ICS flavored DROID4

The Worst

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure its in in beta. Aside from all that you've already mentioned, its great. Data is phenomenal on this. Goin on 2 whole days without any hiccups. Even toggled data on and off various times throughout the day and never hesitates to come back. This WAS the only deal breaker for me in .9, all the other bugs didn't matter so to me, its perfect

Yeah, I was just really hoping to be able to alleviate the issues I'm currently having on my Droid 3 when my Droid 4 gets here in a couple days, but I guess this is the same as all the other ICS roms. I've grown too accustomed to ICS to go back to Gingerbread, but it feels gimped without hardware acceleration for apps such as Netflix/Youtube, and especially browsing.

Sadly, real progress seems to have grown stagnant for the Droid 3/4 roms. While new features keep coming out, I haven't seen any updates the real issues for about a month. With any luck maybe I'll have the full Android experience on my phone before Motorola steps in with an OTA.

Meptrep

Reaction score
So the best version of this is what? I tried the 4-14 nightly and it's been having the same issues with data that CM9 did. Currently switching to the one in the original post, hopefully it works better.

Shein0327

Reaction score
They all have the same data issues. Some people get lucky, some don't.

But when the fix is out, trust me it'll be no secret.

Sidenote: what is an OTA?

Shein0327

Reaction score
Sadly, real progress seems to have grown stagnant for the Droid 3/4 roms. While new features keep coming out, I haven't seen any updates the real issues for about a month. With any luck maybe I'll have the full Android experience on my phone before Motorola steps in with an OTA.

Nevermind, I looked it up.
No, the problem is the droid 4 is likely not even getting an OTA. Same with the Razr. It's why I started doing roms; when I bought the droid 4 one of the main selling points was the promise of eventual ICS upgrade. Then later, they posted it was "months away, if its even happening at all."
I was quite peeved about this, since my droid 4 and droid 2 global (what I upgraded from) basically had the same OS, I was even more frustraited. So I looked into the wonderful world of ROMs and modding.
Save for the data issues, it's been quite a good experience. The ICS roms are better than stock in EVERY way that counts, except for the camera and data issues... but I need my data. So until the data issues are fixed, I'll be sticking with stock...:happy3:

kwyrt

Reaction score
OTA stands for Over The Air. Refers to updates from the carrier. In this case, a (hopefully) expected ICS update for stock.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

Lunchboxor

Reaction score
Ive downloaded gummy 1.0 using su to root the phone. I have the rom running on my phone as of now, and I believe I did everything correctly in setting it up. Almost everything is flawless besides one thing, I cant use netflix. The netflix app opens, i can pick the show I want to watch. When I choose the episode and press play the load screen comes up, I hear the first three seconds of the show, while no video is on the screen, then the video stops loading fully and just stays like that. No sound no video. My youtube works, even my youtube in hd works. Any reason I could have this problem?

kwyrt

Reaction score
Ive downloaded gummy 1.0 using su to root the phone. I have the rom running on my phone as of now, and I believe I did everything correctly in setting it up. Almost everything is flawless besides one thing, I cant use netflix. The netflix app opens, i can pick the show I want to watch. When I choose the episode and press play the load screen comes up, I hear the first three seconds of the show, while no video is on the screen, then the video stops loading fully and just stays like that. No sound no video. My youtube works, even my youtube in hd works. Any reason I could have this problem?

I don't think it's just you. Pretty sure Netflix just does not work on D4 ICS ROMs right now. Probably something to do with the hardware video codecs. Really not sure why youtube DOES work.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums