Guinea Pigs needed.. or lab rats :) Red Glass Theme

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
why you trying to unzip it? That will help me help you. Yes, my name is Jerry Maguire..lol

HarleyDad09

Reaction score
according to that metamorph tutorial, it says to copy the apk file on ur desktop and unzip it

HarleyDad09

Reaction score
I do not have the slightest clue how to edit xml files..LOL...this is over my head..I will do some more research on it tomorrow! Thanks for ur help!

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
just rename it to .zip instead of .apk When opening an xml file, use Notepad to open it.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
And never say it's over your head. Time and effort solves all of that. I got my phone at the very end of August (i think). and I knew nothing of droid, code, editing, themes, unlocking, etc.. just a noob to the core. My desire to learn put me where I am in just a short time. I am learning new stuff everyday too.

HarleyDad09

Reaction score
Did that and it was some crazy words..like I said, I have some learning to do! I will figure this out!!!

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Did that and it was some crazy words..like I said, I have some learning to do! I will figure this out!!!

There will be no crazy words (or characters) if done right. It will be in plain english. Well, maybe not plain english but.. english at least. Kepp trying, you'll get it.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OK, 166 views and only 1 confirmed download. Something tells me there are going to be a lot of dogs in pain and I will have enough beer to last me for a bit. On the positive side, no ones complaining so I must have done something right.

Troops2990

Reaction score
I just downloaded it 10 minutes ago, and so far so good, it looks awsome and runs flawlessly so far (no app drawer fc's) the only issue is the "ultimate droid" banner that is covering up the clock on the lock screen, can't find in any settings to remove it. Other than that, all is good.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I just downloaded it 10 minutes ago, and so far so good, it looks awsome and runs flawlessly so far (no app drawer fc's) the only issue is the "ultimate droid" banner that is covering up the clock on the lock screen, can't find in any settings to remove it. Other than that, all is good.

I don't know what I can do about that because it's the stock wallpaper getting in the way. If I move the clock down, it could interfere with someone elses wallpaper. Try using a different UD wallpaper. Please... let m know if that helps.

Thank you for trying the theme out and reporting back to me!!!!!

Troops2990

Reaction score

I don't know what I can do about that because it's the stock wallpaper getting in the way. If I move the clock down, it could interfere with someone elses wallpaper. Try using a different UD wallpaper. Please... let m know if that helps.

Thank you for trying the theme out and reporting back to me!!!!!
This is the screen shot of what it looks like, im not sure how i can change that wallpaper, in the background you can see my desktop wallpaper, sorry i don't mean to sound dumb but i am confused what you mean by "stock wallpaper" and im not sure how to change it. Thanks for any help though. I also noticed that the keyboard does not seem to be themed at all (don't know if it is suppose to be or not)

Attachments

• redglass.jpg
    redglass.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 232
OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm working on the keyboard... knew that would be an issue from the getgo. Interesting on the lockscreen. Glad you posted that screnshot. I can probably fix that now that I see whats going on. I dont have that though. I disabled thr PLMN and SLN in Settings/Ultimate Droid/UI Setings and it's gone.

Troops2990

Reaction score
Thanks hope you can get that fixed, ill look forward to the final release, i'll keep you posted if i run into any further issues.

Troops2990

Reaction score
I also just noticed that the power control widget does not update when items are selected or unselected..