[Guide] Unlocking, Rooting, ROM'ing, and FAQ

Shortnic

Reaction score
:frown: How can I get ICS???? I'm not sure still about how to root either...my phone is my computer sad to say. Please help

Kelpo

Reaction score
I tried to flash newts ics rom but it wouldnt work and kept reloading back to recovery. I flashed the stock gb, but forgot to wipe and now my phone wont turn on or go into recovery. What do I do?

EDIT Nvm I got the phone to turn back on, but the backup of the stock gingerbread still doesnt flash correctly. It turns on flashes a bit then turns off.

Last edited:

Kelpo

Reaction score
Amon Ra

Nvm I got newts rom to work. I merged the update patch with the rom, but how do i get back to my rooted stock gb nand backup?

Well it was working perfectly but now it keeps freezing and rebooting after it loads up my gmail emails.

Last edited:
OP
MrSmith317

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
To go from GB to ICS(GB firmware) you need to not only flash the kernel but the GB firmware patch as well

To go from ICS to GB(GB firmware) you need to flash the ROM and the kernel (even restoring a backup you still need to flash the kernel)

Kelpo

Reaction score
So flashing the gb firmware patch will get rid of the constant rebooting and if so where can i find it?

Last edited:

droidgurl1

Reaction score
I've looked everywhere and can't find an answer to my problem. My phone was rooted, locked and S-OFF. I flashed the latest RUU and now I'm UN-rooted, locked and S-OFF. What are the chances I can regain root without unlocking again?

trackman1

Reaction score
how do you apply that patch??....also does this need to be done before installing ICS??

thanks

trackman1

Reaction score
just curious does this patch have to be installed??.....or can you just install the ICS leak??

Thanks

OP
MrSmith317

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I've looked everywhere and can't find an answer to my problem. My phone was rooted, locked and S-OFF. I flashed the latest RUU and now I'm UN-rooted, locked and S-OFF. What are the chances I can regain root without unlocking again?

If you still have AmonRa Installed you should be good.

how do you apply that patch??....also does this need to be done before installing ICS??

thanks

just curious does this patch have to be installed??.....or can you just install the ICS leak??

Thanks

The patch is for wifi tether, and is needed on some ICS ROMs and all GB ROMs.

trackman1

Reaction score
thanks but I still dont understand if I have to install it or not??....is it required to be installed with leaked ICS or does not matter????

trackman1

Reaction score
i am not sure what wi-fi tethering is?...is it needed ?.....just trying to find out of this install is necessary...if i want to install the leaked ICS