[Guide] Unlocking, Rooting, ROM'ing, and FAQ

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound Development' started by MrSmith317, Apr 16, 2012.

1. torch327

torch327 New Member

I don't have a pc and from what I have found so far I am by able to do anything other than install the leak.is this correct?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums
  2. torch327

torch327 New Member

Was supposed to be I am not ableto

3. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Moderator Premium Member

If you don't have a PC(that means Windows/Linux/Mac computer) then yes, the only thing you can do is install the leak. Download it from any number of sources, change the filename to PH98IMG.zip and put it on your removable(external) SD card, power off, power back on holding power and volume down. It will start the RUU process. You must do this twice. The first time never works and should be interrupted with a battery pull. The second time actually flashes the RUU.
  4. torch327

torch327 New Member

Damn I didn't know about the battery pull.could explain some ofy issues.it reboots on its own sometimes and some app optimization every other time.since I already flashed twice am I able to restart process or am I stuck until I get a pc?

5. MrSmith317

If you flashed twice and you can boot you're done. Some people claim there's a random reboot issue, others have had none. So I can't say. I'm not on the leak, I'm on CleanROM which is based on the leak but works ..
  6. torch327

torch327 New Member

Thanks for your help mrsmith.guess ill have to throw together a cheap pc so I can to.Ker with all this.

7. macpro88

macpro88 DF Super Moderator

well done!
  8. bobh12362

bobh12362 New Member

Non-rooted flash to ICS works

Thanks for the info. I upgraded w/o ever connecting to a pc, or even having a sim card in, while connected to wifi. Stock Rezound, post fresh factory reset.
    The links from the following page (with incomplete directions) http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/03/16/exclusive-download-android-4-0-build-3-11-605-22-for-the-htc-rezound/ wouldn't connect to working download pages, so I typed this address into Rezound browser:
    http://i.minus.com/mbfFf1ZHwR/gallery.zip

Downloaded file, then with Astro - moved it to / of sd card2 and renamed it PH98IMG.zip, double checked md5.

Rebooted phone with vol/dn and power, it ran once and rebooted into an apparently working phone, but phone info still showed old firmware.
    Rebooted phone with vol/dn and power again, it ran with all the checkmarks updating, then rebooted into upgraded phone.
    Somewhere I read, and it seems to work: reboot phone while plugged into wall charger, then press and hold vol and power when charge light goes out momentarily - gets into recovery w/o battery pull.

Post upgrade, It seems like maybe the wifi isn't working on wpa2-psk security??, but it does connect to open network.

Thanks again for the more complete instructions posted here.

Now I think I'll jump into unlocking and nandroid, then flash cleanrom or such.

Bob
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  9. scy1192

scy1192 New Member

I was just reading the unlocking FAQ. It might be useful to let people know they can output the console display to a text file by putting "> file.txt" at the end.

For example,
    echo hello this is an example of text output > example.txt

will give you a text file named "example.txt" in your present working directory containing "hello this is an example of text output".

This makes it easier to copy and paste.
  10. MrSmith317

You can also do a " | clip" on Vista or better and the output is automatically copied to the clipboard. I like to keep things simple. And for some of the people that need these guides, getting the commands in properly is enough without adding on pipes and redirects.
  11. Dassh

Dassh Member

12. pbickel

pbickel New Member

I have got to the beginning of rooting and installing Amon Ra but whenever I type the command in the command prompt just says waiting for device and absolutely nothing happens
  13. MrSmith317

Usually that happens when either HTC sync is running on your pc or the drivers aren't installed properly. I suggest unplugging your phone, and rebooting your pc.. That should get you going again.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
  14. pbickel

pbickel New Member

Still says waiting for device whenever I type in: "Fastboot flash recovery recovery-ra-vigor-3.14-gnm.img" it replies with tthe line: "< waiting for device >" and neither my phone or command prompt so anything.
  15. MrSmith317

Are you in HBOOT? If not reboot into HBOOT(power down, then power on holding power + volume down) then do your fastboot command.
  16. SuperDink

SuperDink New Member

Mr Smith,

Great guide! I just got my Rezound yesterday to replace a broken Thunderbolt. I want to root the phone but I am hesitant because of the unlock proceedure through the HTC dev site. Once registered with them you need to get the identifying token from the phone and give that to them. Does this mean that the phone is now labelled as unlocked, rooted, voided, ect? I think the answer is yes, but just want to verify. I may need to wait for a while to root just to make sure that there are no problems with the phone that may need a warranty. Or can I root and if there is any problem, put it back to stock later? THanks in advance!
  17. MrSmith317

Actually no. Unlocking with HTCDev.com isn't truly unlocking. All they do is supply the unlock key. Also unlocking doesn't void the warranty unless the defect was a direct effect of unlocking. You can root and then come back to stock by using an RUU(Rom Update Utility). These are the only way we have to update firmware without going full S-Off.
  18. mattmns

mattmns New Member

Thank you much for this detailed explanation, exactly what I was looking for! Super easy to read and follow :hail:
  19. droidgurl1

droidgurl1 New Member

I have unlcoked my Rezound without any problems but for the life of me, I can't root it!! When I type the commands I get "error: cannot load". The guide is very straightforward so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Any suggestions?
  20. MrSmith317

Are you still on Gingerbread or are you on an ICS leak?
Search tags for this page
adr6425lvw rom
adr6425lvw root
how to root htc rezound
how to root htc rezound without a computer
how to root htc rezound without computer

how to unlock htc rezound

htc rezound root without computer

root htc adr6425lvw

root htc rezound no computer

root htc rezound without computer

root rezound without computer