Guide to fixing the charging port?

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get some sort of guide that explains how to fix the charging port on an OG Droid? I can find videos on youtube where they tear down the phone, but can't find anything specifically on the charging port.

I need to know at what points do I solder etc

yieldhog

Reaction score
Did you ever find the answer? Have the same question.

Last edited:

yieldhog

Reaction score
Charging Port

I found a new charging port on EBAY for $5. Using the Youtube videos outlining out to disassemble the phone, I was able to quickly gain access to the charging port and ready, with my soldering iron in hand, to swap it out. (Note: you will need to buy a T5 screwdriver. Bought one at the hardware store for about $3. You can use a credit card for "pry tool" that is used in the video.) Unfortunately, no ordinary soldering iron would appear capable. It appears that the components have been soldered with silver (?) which requires a hotter iron than I have (50W). I am trying to locate someone in the area who for a few bucks would put it on a workbench and swap out the port. Not sure if I will be successful.

One concern I have is that having tried in vain to use my current soldering iron, I may have gotten the motherboard so hot that the other components are now fried.

Will post the outcome either way.