[GUIDE]TBH inspired Free wireless tethering hack instructions for Droid 3

jchipper

Reaction score
update: before i found this hack I was trying different settings and i had set the device profile to droid x so i changed that back to Droid 3 and also changed the SSID just a bit and then started tether and my transformer prime tablet and laptop connected right up not a problem been working all day no issues! Thanks!! so nice!

ALDO101T

Reaction score
Does anyone know why the droid 3, which is rooted, safestrap installed, has had 3 different roms in it and cannot get tethering to work?? It shows up on computer, connects,but no internet access,anybody have any ideas??

javipoo

Reaction score
Does anyone know why the droid 3, which is rooted, safestrap installed, has had 3 different roms in it and cannot get tethering to work?? It shows up on computer, connects,but no internet access,anybody have any ideas??

more info please! What kinda method did you use? TBH? Qualcomm?
Secondly...i've had this issue with my girls phone as well.
Steps 1 Turn on Mobile Hot Spot
Step 2 Connect with computer
Step 3 On your phone, open up your browser. Go anywhere. doesn't matter. Load something
Step 4 Test the connection on your computer.

this helps to kick start the connection, for some reason, and it works, for some reason.
Hope this helps! Works for me and others.

jlhaehl

Reaction score
just did the radiocomm hack for my droid 3 and havent been able to test it yet, ive had this on my droid 2 global and it worked flawlessly. i would not reccomend this to the faint of heart, you truly can turn a $500 smartphone into a worhtless hunk of plastic if you going screwing with this program hap hazardly

pistacio

Reaction score
Does anyone know if updating the PRL reverts this hack? Not sure if I ever tried updating the PRL since I did it...

javipoo

Reaction score
Had some issues on a droid 2 using TBH zip files. The hot spot worked, but nothing would connect to it. Icould see it on labtop/pc and it would connect...just no data was going through. Tried...using internet on the phone to kick start it, nothing.
so i applied the radiocomm hack on the droid 2, which is running liberty latest rom.
Applied using the same settings as the droid 3 one and while it does still take a while, it actually connects and long story short; it's all gravy.

LOTL

Reaction score
Did this hack quite a while back on my girlfriends phone and it had been working good till recently.
It no longer works, i can no longer make calls, send texts or get data access.

Not sure what has happen. My girlfriend said she had been having problems for a few months with poor reception, dropped calls, text messages not being sent etc.

Yesterday she was using it for talk and text and her calls were being dropped after a period of time or not going through. Most of her texts werent being delivered. Last night and now this morning i cant get it to make a call, send a text, browse the web or receive emails.

Weird thing is i see that she got 2 emails from her Gmail account overnight.

I did try turning on the hotspot right now and i was able to connect to it with my laptop. Laptop said i had a great connection, phone said it was connected, but i couldnt get on the web.

So it sounds like maybe the radio may be on its way out or having sporadic issues.
Im thinking of reversing this hack to see if that makes a difference.
Could an OTA update from Verizon cause this?
Anyone else see anything similar with their D3?

Edit: Right after posting this, i got a test email i had sent 20 minuets ago to her Gmail account and i now have data access. Phone and text is still not working. I show 3G and 4 bars of signal strength, but when i go to make a call, the bars drop to 2 or lower.
I also just had a message come up saying "No CDMA networks were found. Would you like to switch to Global Mode?" I chose yes, but still no calling or texting.

Last edited: