[GUIDE] Root your phone, from your phone.

wyld

Reaction score
Well ty very much not really into custom roms yet baby steps kinda! Lol got 2 before my warranty is up thought I would work rooting see how it goes! Lol

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was talking about root, not roms. Let us know how it goes

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

wyld

Reaction score
Ok it worked took awhile and when it booted back up I had no service but then rebooted and its works as it did before just fine I don't really need use bootstraper for a backup until I start using custom roms? So now what? Lol

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok it worked took awhile and when it booted back up I had no service but then rebooted and its works as it did before just fine I don't really need use bootstraper for a backup until I start using custom roms? So now what? Lol

Actually its a good idea to make a backup before modifying any system files. That means over/underclock, changing icons with metamorph etc.. It's not just for roms. Good to get used to using clockwork recovery anyway. Then you can overclock, freeze bloatware, change boot animations, fonts and icons, even if you don't want to mess with roms yet

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, what now? After root you can get all the root apps that help to make your phone awesome. If you want ill pm you with the apps you should get asap

wyld

Reaction score
I just an overclock app was checking the web on how it works frequency settings and other good stuff before I actually tried to change anything! Pm me all you want! Lol

Sent from my Rooted DROIDX using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just an overclock app was checking the web on how it works frequency settings and other good stuff before I actually tried to change anything! Pm me all you want! Lol

Sent from my Rooted DROIDX using DroidForums

There is a great app called Quickclock advanced. It will calibrate your phone and give you the safe upper and lower limits within which your phone will perform well and save battery. It syncs up well with the droid overclock app

OP
yoyoniso

yoyoniso

Reaction score
Does this work for a Verizon Droid Incredible too??

I don't believe so... I've never personally tried it but im pretty sure it doesn't... each phone uses a different security exploit to root and this method is specific to the x

OP
yoyoniso

yoyoniso

Reaction score
Does this work for a Verizon Droid Incredible too??

The easiest way to root the incredible is UNREVOKED. Granted you will need a computer to run it. But it does not require you to get involved with ADB or anything of that sort.

randizzard

Reaction score
Anyone tried this root method with the OTA gingerbread?

Just tried this method with the ota 2.3 and to no surprise it don't work. I'm still wondering why people are wanting to root the ota when the new "ice cream sandwich" os is rumored to be released for all android based phones this coming christmas. Don't quote me just google it.