Guide Reduce Lag On The Note 4

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Some of you are reporting a considerable amount of lag on your Note 4 after rooting it and installing and using Xposed Framework. DroidForums member "rhcp011235" has put together a quick guide to eliminate this lag that you may be experiencing. You will need to download some sort of build.prop editor or have some adb know how to complete the first step. The rest of the steps are pretty simple. Just deinstall Xposed, open app manager find health services and clear data/cache, open app manager again find SHealth and clear data/cache, the reinstall xposed and reboot. This should fix your lag problem. Head to the original thread for the full tutorial.

Guide Reduce Lag On Note 4

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Is this because of root? If not then it's going to be a huge disappointment moving to a Snapdragon.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I have yet to hear about any lag on this device....until this thread.... and it seems to be confined a single app (S Health) I wouldn't be too concerned. SHealth is a waste on the S5 imo. Skimble is a much better fitness tracking app.

S5 tap'n

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah, just seems like a byproduct of rooting. No biggie. But good someone's looking out for those who still root.

on the move..

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Must definitely be an only after rooting issue. Mine's stock and zippy as can be. No issues here. Best of luck to those that like to root devices. I'm sure the issue will be further solved as work is done developing ROMs and etc as this device is out longer.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Ah good. I'm already hesitant enough about finally switching over to Snapdragon. Looks like I will revisit this thread in a month once I root.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I want to call bull as rooting in theory does not effect the software side of the device unless you modify something. I am rooted but am running stock software and have yet to notice any difference.

But I am then reminded this is samsung devices and Xposed framework mods could be the culprit and I must digress.

badtoy1986

Reaction score

Some of you are reporting a considerable amount of lag on your Note 4 after rooting it and installing and using Xposed Framework. DroidForums member "rhcp011235" has put together a quick guide to eliminate this lag that you may be experiencing. You will need to download some sort of build.prop editor or have some adb know how to complete the first step. The rest of the steps are pretty simple. Just deinstall Xposed, open app manager find health services and clear data/cache, open app manager again find SHealth and clear data/cache, the reinstall xposed and reboot. This should fix your lag problem. Head to the original thread for the full tutorial.

Guide Reduce Lag On Note 4

I mean no disrespect to anyone, but if you read the first sentence you would see "Some of you are reporting a considerable amount of lag on your Note 4 after rooting it and installing and using Xposed Framework.". So it looks like Xposed is not playing well with parts of S-health.

I am very interested in keeping up with the thread and others like it. I had the Note 2 previously and loved the size and pen. However, the UI and the lag from the overbearing and poorly optimized UI drove me nuts and I switched to the G2. I am thinking about try the Note 4 since they scaled back the UI and it sounds like its more optimized. I just can't decide between it and the Nexus 6.

BTW has anyone seen someone use the Note Edge with their RIGHT hand. all of the videos and reviews I have seen show people using it with their left hand (even though they are right handed). I am just wondering how many button presses would be caused by the webbing on your hand.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I mean no disrespect to anyone, but if you read the first sentence you would see "Some of you are reporting a considerable amount of lag on your Note 4 after rooting it and installing and using Xposed Framework.". So it looks like Xposed is not playing well with parts of S-health.

I am very interested in keeping up with the thread and others like it. I had the Note 2 previously and loved the size and pen. However, the UI and the lag from the overbearing and poorly optimized UI drove me nuts and I switched to the G2. I am thinking about try the Note 4 since they scaled back the UI and it sounds like its more optimized. I just can't decide between it and the Nexus 6.

BTW has anyone seen someone use the Note Edge with their RIGHT hand. all of the videos and reviews I have seen show people using it with their left hand (even though they are right handed). I am just wondering how many button presses would be caused by the webbing on your hand.
I don't have the link handy, but I read a thorough review of the edge yesterday. I believe it was on the verge. He said he didn't experience accidental presses on the edge screen, if I remember correctly.

Sent from my Note 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Found it. From the article: " You can put the Note Edge on a table without it rocking, you can hold it in your hand without accidentally triggering the touchscreen, and you can slip it into a pocket without difficulty."

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge review The Verge

Sent from my Note 4

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am currently using the Note 4 as my daily driver and have experienced ZERO lag. This appears to be an issue only after rooting and using the Xposed Framework

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model

I've been using the Note 3 (Exynos version) for a year and have zero lag. I've never even had to FDR to minimize lag like I did on the S4, S3, S2, GNote 1 and GNote 2.

rhcp011235

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.temperedarmor.com
The root process does 0. It'd installing xposed. It causes issues with secure storage and the shealth apps. This goes for any Samsung that had it as well not just the note4