[GUIDE] Milestone XT720 - Apps2SD and Froyo JIT

jackfrost3821

Reaction score
whereever i try running the script & try to install apps2sd it gives error saying
insmod of ext2 successful
mount: No such file or directory
Error mounting sd ext2,exiting script.
Cant someone give me solution to it??

I faced this problem many times, it occurs usually if memory card is not partitioned properly that's what I feel. Make sure that you mark partition as active.
Redo everything again : reflash, repartition, and then apply optimizer script.

I guess the sequence in which you partition sd card does matter. Create FAT32 partition first and then ext3. (When I first created ext3 and then FAT32, this error occurred)

Hope this helps

3rdstring

Reaction score
I guess the sequence in which you partition sd card does matter.

It definitely matters. The FAT 32 needs to be first & primary and flagged as bootable (active). The ext3 also need to be a primary partition.

mhkdicky

Reaction score
hi guys,
i am the xt720 user from hong kong
Do i need to flash the new rom in order to install the froyo jit?
I have followed the guide to install the adb access on my PC..however i can't find how to access with my phone as i type in "adb devices" in the windows command prompt, it shows that adb is not a valid command...so how can i use it to access my phone?

xxxtt

Reaction score
hi guys,
i am the xt720 user from hong kong
Do i need to flash the new rom in order to install the froyo jit?
I have followed the guide to install the adb access on my PC..however i can't find how to access with my phone as i type in "adb devices" in the windows command prompt, it shows that adb is not a valid command...so how can i use it to access my phone?

I think as long as ur model version is different from those 4 countries then need to flash, if u wan to play safe. For adb devices, u have to check ur ur file, adb.exe is located in which folder first. For example, mine was in the folder androidsdk then platform-tools. Then u have to type cd c:\AndroidSDK\platform-tools. Then u can type adb devices

bglazierjr

Reaction score
Flash Support

I was wondering how to go about getting flash after this process is complete. Here is a link for flash on a 2.1 Eclair How To: Install Flash 10.1 On Android 2.1 Eclair Devices
Would this be the correct process to follow or would it be considered something else that isn't 2.1? Sorry I am new to all of this, just switched from iPhone so please bare with me.

Thanks,

providence

Reaction score
just did a factory reset.
Now I cant see my installed apps but they are still there.
anyone knows how to make my apps appear again without having to reflash?

akshata_khan

Reaction score
Is der any way i can turn on my phone?? It has stuck on M logo.Is der any safe mode??I havent taken back up of my data so

queens49

Reaction score
Give it all upp for: (and you won't ****ing believe this one)

[ROM][12-feb-11][v1.2a] Dexter's Froyo 2.2.1 for XT720 - xda-developers

Froyo 2.2 working flawlessly on the XT720!

Only thing broke is the useless FM radio, all else is genuine 2.2 goodness.

I wouldn't say it's working flawlessly. I installed the latest v1.2a ROM and the phone feels sluggish as hell. You hit an app, and it takes 2-3 seconds before it actually does anything. The lock screen is messed up. If you use Pattern lock, it first goes to the regular slide lock and than brings up the pattern lock...very annoying. Other people have posted about these problems, but the dev doesn't see them as problems.

shinobi

Reaction score

I wouldn't say it's working flawlessly. I installed the latest v1.2a ROM and the phone feels sluggish as hell. You hit an app, and it takes 2-3 seconds before it actually does anything. The lock screen is messed up. If you use Pattern lock, it first goes to the regular slide lock and than brings up the pattern lock...very annoying. Other people have posted about these problems, but the dev doesn't see them as problems.

Sounds real strange, my phone is MUCH faster and the a2sd is working as intended, so no more soft reboots. Battery time is marginally better so I would assume the cpu does less work. And I still have the same SD card that they sent with me (the slow class 4)

Did you do a complete factory reset after restoring the nandroid image?

Wasn't the double unlock there before?
Since I can click "emergency number" on the pattern lock, I'm pretty sure it was meant to be like this, otherwise you would risk calling 911 in your pocket..

queens49

Reaction score

Sounds real strange, my phone is MUCH faster and the a2sd is working as intended, so no more soft reboots. Battery time is marginally better so I would assume the cpu does less work. And I still have the same SD card that they sent with me (the slow class 4)

Did you do a complete factory reset after restoring the nandroid image?

Wasn't the double unlock there before?
Since I can click "emergency number" on the pattern lock, I'm pretty sure it was meant to be like this, otherwise you would risk calling 911 in your pocket..

I'm going to try it again. What I did was restore the nandroid image with what I had done to the phone already...ie. the APP2SD and JIT from this thread. I didn't think it was necessary to take it back to the original stock image, since the nandroid was overwriting the system and boot files anyways. After restoring the Froyo image, I did do a Factory Reset from within Open Recovery. The Quadrant scores with the Froyo is way up, I'm scoring 1280, but opening apps is extremely slow. It sits there for 2-3 seconds before it does anything.

The double lock never existed in 2.1. If you enabled Pattern Lock, and the security timeout expired, once you turn the screen back on, only the Pattern Lock showed up. Even if you hit Emergency Number, it doesn't actually dial anything, it just brings up the dial pad to allow somebody to dial an emergency number.

devilprince_ixi

Reaction score
I'm afraid i cannot install apps2sd for my Milestone X720 that i bought in Dubai. I just couldn't find an optimized scripts of (STR_U2_03.20.0).

:icon_ nono2::icon_ nono2::icon_ nono2::icon_ nono2::icon_ nono2:

Matix

Reaction score
I just installed Dexter's v1.3 but it is so ugly. I really love this theme so I want to ask - Is this dexter's mod and if not can I make my dexter's froyo look like that? And is this a Froyo?

shinobi

Reaction score
Weird thing with the dexter and khalpower mods is that they are like Windows XP..
Real fast when fresh from the format C: and then slows to a crawl after a few weeks.. :(

I reflashed to 2.1 CE and used this JIT, way faster.