[GUIDE] Milestone XT720 - Apps2SD and Froyo JIT

khalpowers

Reaction score
Maybe this is normal??
I don't think so.
I read the whole thread about the open recovery version khalpowers posted here and finally found the important statement: it is not for xt720- just for xt701- OpenRecovery still doesn't support XT720.

So we still have to wait...:(

can u re read again the whole thread,,,,:) open recovery for xt720 out already...but still dont have custom rom for xt720 at the moment...

khalpowers

Reaction score
Only it is not possible to do a complete Nandroid backup.
what exactly does it means? A partial nandroid? A broken nandroid backup? Could I use it anyway?

Is it still an alternative to flashing the rom again?

I mean i can not choose Backup All in nandroid, if i do i will get errors at Cust, Cdrom, Baseband Software, Linux Bootloader and Device tree.

Maybe this is normal??

try redonwload again because got new patches from developer...but im not try nandroid yet..

pswin09

Reaction score
heyy guys...gud news! can someone start working on this [XT701 & XT720] Open Recovery 1.46 [11/21/2010]

:)
Hey Guy, if you got some more themes pls upload for us. I tried open recovery 1.46. It can install on my xt720 but don't known how to use it(Still studying how to use).

what theme u like ...give me the link and ill be porte to xt...:)
for open recovery i just wait for froyo leak...

Hey, I found your Themes for xt720 link[(THEME) My porte theme to XT720.. - xda-developers]. Now I am using Themesgs. That is pretty good.If i found any theme i like, i will post it to you.By the way how you porte theme to xt, i also will want to learn. Guite me pls.:)

gommers1978

Reaction score
Hey Dudes, there's no Android 2.2 update for the XT720. :(

https://supportforums.motorola.com/community/manager/softwareupgrades

hope someone can work on leak froyo from motoroi ...:)

Yeah Let's hope we can use Motoroi version, very bad that a phone that is out for less that a half year will not get an Froyo update, they sould not lock there phones from custom rom's then if they dont support it with new updates anymore after it is just released!!! I think this will be my last Motorola Phone, can add it to the list (Sony Ericsson,Samsung, Motorola)
Too bad allot of phone manufactures stop supporting there phone's even when there are bug's, errors or problems with the phone, or the phone is not running at its full potential.

P.S. Milestone is older and will recieve update to 2.2?? Motorola is a strange company.......

Last edited:

trance2315

Reaction score
I keep getting this.

Everything is where it's supposed to be so can someone please help me.

pswin09

Reaction score
heyy guys...gud news! can someone start working on this [XT701 & XT720] Open Recovery 1.46 [11/21/2010]

Hey Guy, if you got some more themes pls upload for us. I tried open recovery 1.46. It can install on my xt720 but don't known how to use it(Still studying how to use).

Hi friend, how about this theme? Can you do it?
[THEME] [10/28] Manup456's NexTang CM6.1.0 RC1 - Now with GAPPS! - xda-developers
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=6891311&postcount=2

Last edited:

khalpowers

Reaction score

Hi friend, how about this theme? Can you do it?
[THEME] [10/28] Manup456's NexTang CM6.1.0 RC1 - Now with GAPPS! - xda-developers
xda-developers - View Single Post - [THEME] Manup456 The nexus Collection =)
here the nexTang for xt http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9404058/themenexttangxt720.rar

pswin09

Reaction score

Wow, Thank you very much.

kousik

Reaction score
As an user from India can anyone advise me which ROM should I choose to install?

Thanks in advance,
Kousik

pswin09

Reaction score
As an user from India can anyone advise me which ROM should I choose to install?

Thanks in advance,
Kousik

Choose any rom[europe(central eu,uk),russia,us,italy] in page one because optamizers are for those rom.I prefer us & russia rom.

bu3askoor

Reaction score
guys i have insmod of ext successful however it is failing to mount ex2 partition.

i looked under /dev/block and mmcblk0p2 exists but cannot cd to it .. maybe that is why mounting is failing. Also why is in the script trying to mount ext2 when the guide is asking to format ext3 ?

looking for some support :)

sebastimau

Reaction score
Apps2sd

Hello, First of all thanks to all involved ; it all works great. My question is (I have the apps2sd thing that the script installed.)
how do i install apps directly to the SD/ move them there.? I'm clueless.

Thanks for the help.