[GUIDE] Milestone XT720 - Apps2SD and Froyo JIT

jackfrost3821

Reaction score
XT720 problem

Hello guys I'm MOTOROLA MILESTONE XT720 USER FROM ASIA-INDIA
I'm confused like hell.Here are my questions regarding phone

1.I have ASIA-PACIFIC ROM on my Milestone xt720.Do I need to flash USA rom to use app2sd???
2.I have already rooted and overclocked my phone using 'universal androot' so do I need to unroot it to install JIT and app2sd??
3.Afetr overclocking my phone gets very how temperature remains around 45 degrees and lasts only for 3-4 hours after moderate use
4.Main problem comes here, even after overclocking when I jump back to homescreen from running applications or close the applicatiob(by going back) it takes 3-5 seconds to load all the widgets and icons on homescreen...Is this problem with you all.I have 60MB free internal memory and RAM remains around 45-40MB

Please answer last question as soon as possible,this problem is really annoying me........

jackfrost3821

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm from India.Can I flash XT720 OPTIMIZER USA Cincinati Bell STR_U2_04.1E.1 on my milestone xt720.My milestone has got ASIA-Pacific ROM.Also what is stock speed of USA Cincinati Bell USA ROM??Is it 720 MHz???Mine is 550 MHz for ASIA-PACIFIC ROM.

pswin09

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm from India.Can I flash XT720 OPTIMIZER USA Cincinati Bell STR_U2_04.1E.1 on my milestone xt720.My milestone has got ASIA-Pacific ROM.Also what is stock speed of USA Cincinati Bell USA ROM??Is it 720 MHz???Mine is 550 MHz for ASIA-PACIFIC ROM.
Yes, flash to us firmware(stock speed is 720 MHz).If you want to use apps2sd or theme Follow instructions on page 1.

gatsch1111

Reaction score
thx for this great guide!

unfortunately i wasn't able to acces the market after doing all this and i searched for hours how to bring the xt720 backt o factory settings. this thread helped me very much - if so. is experiencing the same problems, try this: [Rom] Requesting original Roms for XT720 - xda-developers

after the second try everything was just fine!

excellent :icon_ banana:

dblionsden

Reaction score
Have not seen this mentioned yet, so thought I would. z4 root now available in market as an alternative to sideloading Universal. Worked very slick. Also had to go to RSD Lite 4.9; earlier versions would not run on my Win7.

Mospeada71

Reaction score
hello again, I recently purchased xt 720, somebody can translate this guide into Spanish please :(

gommers1978

Reaction score
I allso installed open recovery but when i press volume up at boot i get only the screen with the warning rectangle and the phone but no recovery menu. It installed OK but no recovery screen.......

gommers1978

Reaction score
I allso installed open recovery but when i press volume up at boot i get only the screen with the warning rectangle and the phone but no recovery menu. It installed OK but no recovery screen.......

Solved, it is working now! Only it is not possible to do a complete Nandroid backup.

P

prya

Only it is not possible to do a complete Nandroid backup.
what exactly does it means? A partial nandroid? A broken nandroid backup? Could I use it anyway?

Is it still an alternative to flashing the rom again?

gommers1978

Reaction score
Only it is not possible to do a complete Nandroid backup.
what exactly does it means? A partial nandroid? A broken nandroid backup? Could I use it anyway?

Is it still an alternative to flashing the rom again?

I mean i can not choose Backup All in nandroid, if i do i will get errors at Cust, Cdrom, Baseband Software, Linux Bootloader and Device tree.

Maybe this is normal??

P

prya

Maybe this is normal??
I don't think so.
I read the whole thread about the open recovery version khalpowers posted here and finally found the important statement: it is not for xt720- just for xt701- OpenRecovery still doesn't support XT720.

So we still have to wait...:(

khalpowers

Reaction score