Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Steel Droid' started by chevycam94, Feb 1, 2012.
Straight CM7 for DX, right?
Yes straight dx for cm7 following instructions on guide
Hmmm. Maybe they have something to fix for now. Try resyncing later, and try again.
Ok I will...Do you think I would have same problem if I did ics
Im really not sure. I never had a problem like that after that first time. Even when I had to re-init and build from fresh again, I never had that problem again. Usually, it goes smooth.
Well I will try ics and wait a while on gb I appreciate all the help you have given me on my first build
No prob. I would have personally started with GB, but whatever you can actually get to build. I need to make a guide for ICS, and JB as well....some day. dancedroid
I updated the guide. I ran into some crazy issues trying to build gingerbread on my newer Linux install, and finally got it all squared away. Sorry about the confusion. Hope I didnt make too many heads explode!
Hey, Chevy. As a wannabe dev who's never come close to building anything ever, I just glanced at your Major Code Cleanup. To my untrained eye, it looked like mostly adding/deleting spaces in various files. Did all that stuff prevent successful builds, or is it just finally done right & would've worked either way? I'm hoping to find the time to learn & make my first kang sometime soon & figured I should probably understand what you did.
By the way, you might get a kick outa this...
Were you looking on CM's gerrit?
If so, your mostly right. I cleaned up a LOT of crap that was festering in the code, and made it hard to read and work with. Granted, thats only one project out of 200+, but its a start. GB isnt being updated anymore, so I figured it was time to put the final polish on it all. It still builds, even without that commit.
If you want something for the D1, and it works better, go to my GIT. github.com/SteelDroid
Excellent, thanks for the details. Yeah, I glance at open & merged stuff on CM's gerrit occasionally to see what's up.
I'm actually on the D2, so if & when I ever get around to trying to build, I'll certainly take a look at your github.
Now, I have repos up for the D2 on GIT, but they are not incorporated into the main build as it sits right now. I will add them permenantly when I get more of the D1 sorted out.