Guide for creating a nandroid backup for D2G?

Drivenby

Reaction score
Hello , ive read a few guides about how to do this , ive been an android user for less than a week and im already messing with my phone -_-

I was just wondering if anyone could link to a easy and working guide for the D2G?..

Most guides i read were not "phone specific" but i dont want to get into the procedure without being sure.

My phone was rooted a few days ago , using the superoneclick or something and i know i need Clockwormod Rom manager and the Bootstrap to do the backup , but like i said , i dont want to be in the middle of the thing and then read somewhere "this does not work with D2g , will **** your phone"

sorry if this has been asked one too many times.

OP
D

Drivenby

Reaction score
thanks! but theres nothing about the actual backup procedure.. just about how to install CWM.

OP
D

Drivenby

Reaction score
greaaaat!! , just finished doing my back up , thanks for the link. I guess it wasnt that hard , thanks to that app..

Now i have some new stuff on my SD... Can i delete them? , or should i kept them there... "just in case"

What do you guys suggest?

Thanks for the help btw

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
What new stuff? Your backup is on your sd card, don't delete that

Sent from my DROID 2G w/4.5.608 using Droid Forum app

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
thanks! but theres nothing about the actual backup procedure.. just about how to install CWM.
Well, you see… The main menu in CWM has an item called “backup/restore”. I thought it would be pretty weird to write instructions like “To backup, choose backup”. I might be wrong. If you find the main menu or the backup/restore options confusing, do tell. I'll edit the article.

OP
D

Drivenby

Reaction score
yeah what i meant was can i keep the backup on my PC ? Instead of my sd card?

Oh and the cwm is pretty intuitive , its just that if you have bricked a lot of stuff like i have in the past, you stop assuming how things work.

Its not uncommon to have something seemingly simple turn out wrong.

And my question about keeping the files in the Sd , is just in case that its possible to damage your phone and not be able too have it be recognize on the PC as a mass storage device, but still be able to load the sd card on the phone itself

I don't have a sd card reader on my PC.

Thanks again guys :)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

areuling1

Reaction score
I generally keep two backups on my sd card at all times. One is my stock ROM backup and the other is a backup of w/e my current ROM is.

I keep a copy of the stock backup on my computer along with the sbf files.

Sent from my Droid2Global using Tapatalk