Gtalk/Talk on Droid

Sidewind

Reaction score
Hey everyone I have 2 Gmail acounts and was wondering if there is a way to have 2 Talk (gtalk) accounts on the droid..they dont have to be both on everytime but i cant find a way to switch accounts

OP
Sidewind

Sidewind

Reaction score
Well i dont really want 2 accounts..but my phone was set up with my main/work acount so Gtalk is using that one...But for my Friends i Use a separate gmail acount and i cant sign into gtalk with that acount if i can have just my friend account signed onto Gtalk that would be fine but i cant figure out how to chage it

OP
Sidewind

Sidewind

Reaction score
Im using Meebo atm but id rather just use Gtalk as how its already installed and i dont need the aim yahoo or any of that other crap

Varking

Reaction score
Unless you Root the phone, it isn't possible. Whenever you download an app it will "upgrade" over the previous install and thus never give you two of the same icon. If you had admin access to your phone you could download it and not overwrite the previous install and then you would be able to have two. I am not sure though if this would enable you to type on two accounts, or just give you two installs of Messenger.

Ainvar

Reaction score
Why not just add the people you want to talk to from your droid onto the gmail acct linked to your phone. I am sure it would not be an issue and then you dont need to juggle two accts.

Or use meebo and have it sign on with the secondary acct.

OP
Sidewind

Sidewind

Reaction score
Why not just add the people you want to talk to from your droid onto the gmail acct linked to your phone. I am sure it would not be an issue and then you dont need to juggle two accts.

because then i would have to give out my work email..and i dont want to do that..I am using meebo..but i dont what to have an app that i dont really need..If you can have more than one gmail acount on the phone..you should be able to have more than one gtalk..but from browsing around even android 1.5 had this probem if i had known this i would of put my phone on my secondary acount..but now that ive bought apps on the other acount i cant even reset my device because i will have to pay for all the apps again

pouls29

Reaction score

because then i would have to give out my work email..and i dont want to do that..I am using meebo..but i dont what to have an app that i dont really need..If you can have more than one gmail acount on the phone..you should be able to have more than one gtalk..but from browsing around even android 1.5 had this probem if i had known this i would of put my phone on my secondary acount..but now that ive bought apps on the other acount i cant even reset my device because i will have to pay for all the apps again

Just give those you want to chat with your work email...unless they really aren't that good of friends and if that's the case, what's the big deal?