GTalk Service...

billyk

Reaction score
Do I need to keep this running on the Droid if I never use Google Talk? Is it a supporting service of some type?

If I don't need it, how can I turn it off? It seems to keep starting itself back up!

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
no its not a supporting service of anyhting that i know of.

i would not worry about it running in the background the service is so minuscule that it will not affect any performance.

Nuklhed

Reaction score
Im gonna piggyback off of this thread, instead of opening a new one. When I got my DROID, the only gmail address I had was one from a long time ago.. While it is still a valid email address, I wanted one that was not so "off the wall." Unfortunately the only address showing up on the GTalk function is the first one. I have since got a new email address, that a majority of my friends are on. I, for the life of me, can not find a way to change the email address for GTalk. I went to delete the original gmail address off the phone, but since apparently it is the inital account when the phone was set up, the phone would have to be reset.. I sure as heck do not want to do that.. Any suggestions?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Im gonna piggyback off of this thread, instead of opening a new one. When I got my DROID, the only gmail address I had was one from a long time ago.. While it is still a valid email address, I wanted one that was not so "off the wall." Unfortunately the only address showing up on the GTalk function is the first one. I have since got a new email address, that a majority of my friends are on. I, for the life of me, can not find a way to change the email address for GTalk. I went to delete the original gmail address off the phone, but since apparently it is the inital account when the phone was set up, the phone would have to be reset.. I sure as heck do not want to do that.. Any suggestions?

This will allow you to change the gmail account without resetting the phone.

Settings>Apps>Manage apps>Google Apps>Clear data.

After that, Settings>Data Synchronization>Google and it asks you to sign in or create an account.

Of course any paid apps will not be tied to the new account.

Nuklhed

Reaction score

This will allow you to change the gmail account without resetting the phone.

Settings>Apps>Manage apps>Google Apps>Clear data.

After that, Settings>Data Synchronization>Google and it asks you to sign in or create an account.

Of course any paid apps will not be tied to the new account.

OK.. The clear data button is not there for the google apps. Any other suggestions or am I doing it totally wrong?