GSXRDON questions

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by antron007, Oct 24, 2010.

1. antron007

antron007 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey gang. I just flashed gsxrdon's simply red (bb.5 version) and I'm loving it. Bugless runs so smooth and fast :)

I notice in rom manager that bb5 has some updates. It seems that sred has the new base hand so I'm wandering if sred has all of those updates already built in. Anyone know?

I have a terrible time trying to find info on these forums. The threads get so long so quick (good problem to have I guess) its hard to find answers sometimes.

Thanks for all of your help in the past and the future. This forum rules. (I guess that's why the threads get so long ;) )

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

2. leonozug

leonozug Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I flashed this Rom last night. Really cool looking. I would've gone with the ShadowRom version though personally, way too many issues with BB for my tastes...a Rom shouldn't need that many fixes and updates after it's release. Huge red flag to me. Again, just my opinion.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

3. Jim 777

Jim 777 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    as a fan of GSXRs, I'd really be interested in some screen shots if anyone could.

Thanks

4. leonozug

leonozug Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's on Rom Manager, the screen shots are right there before you download it. Very cool looking!

5. Jim 777

Jim 777 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I forget about that, [​IMG]

6. antron007

antron007 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I tried them both but shadow keeps boot looping. Also I will say I didn't wipe. I've had success with bb5(sred), kangerade, lithium, cm6, and lfy. All without wiping. Only issue I had was with cm6 not showing some of my apps.

I did wipe once and I forger witch one it was for but I hate that it starts dling all of the apps I've ever used. I've gone through a ton of apps that I don't want or use and I start running out of space before they all dl. So I've just stuck with ones I don't have to wipe for.

7. leonozug

leonozug Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You know Antron, I had the same problems with ShadowRom when it first came out. I was trying to flash it via Rom Manager and it just wouldn't work for me. I had lots of trouble with different Roms on Rom Manager. I found it worked for me installing it through Clowkwork Recovery much better.
    I was actually surprised last night that when I flashed it from Rom Manager that it actually worked for me! lol!
    But as it's been said on here before, some Roms just don't work well on some phones for some reason. BB 0.5 wouldn't work well on mine. I'm sure it's great on other people's though. : )

8. antron007

antron007 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for the insight Leon. Ill try installing it strait from clockwork.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk