gsm vs. cdma car dock

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
I haven't been able to find anyone with the same question, so here we are.

I realize that the GSM car dock works with the charging pins on only the GSM Nexus. Does the GSM car dock have a port for a micro USB to plug into the dock and charge the phone that way? Is the USB port on the GSM phone in the same place as the CDMA phone? Couldn't you buy a GSM car dock and plug in the usb cord and charge the CDMA phone on the GSM car dock like that? Where could one buy a GSM car dock? I don't really care a whole lot about the pin stuff, I just want to be able to keep the battery from draining in my car.

thisiswang

Reaction score
I haven't been able to find anyone with the same question, so here we are.

I realize that the GSM car dock works with the charging pins on only the GSM Nexus. Does the GSM car dock have a port for a micro USB to plug into the dock and charge the phone that way? Is the USB port on the GSM phone in the same place as the CDMA phone? Couldn't you buy a GSM car dock and plug in the usb cord and charge the CDMA phone on the GSM car dock like that? Where could one buy a GSM car dock? I don't really care a whole lot about the pin stuff, I just want to be able to keep the battery from draining in my car.

The GSM version charges through the pins and has no cutout for usb port in the dock. also your question is so horribly written that it is very unclear what the question is.

Last edited:
OP
Laur3nNewm4n

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
The GSM version charges through the pins and has no cutout for usb port in the dock. also your question is so horribly written that it is very unclear what the question is.

Thanks for the reply. I noticed from some pictures later on that the GSM car dock, as you said, does not have a USB charge port on it.

..You seem to have figured out what my question was. I'm not sure what wasn't clear - I specified where I meant GSM vs. CDMA phones and docks since you're essentially talking about four different products.