GSM for Bionic?

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Hacks' started by maaybraak, Jul 20, 2012.

1. maaybraak

maaybraak Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I know now that razrs, razr maxx, droid 4's are all supposedly world phones now and you can buy into international plans. This is due to their GSM status. I downloaded a patch earlier that supposedly bestowed the graciousness of GSM onto Verizon Bionics but I've been afraid to use it because I've not read about anyone else trying it out yet and I don't know enough about the advanced stages of flashing/programming to make the call myself. Does anyone know of any ways to to do what I'm trying to do? Thanks in advance.

2. master0fursinz

master0fursinz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Dont think so. I havent read anything about bionic having the radio bands to support global use. Also the network selection is grayed out so it can't be changed.

3. TedJonez

TedJonez New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I noticed in the networks that u can switch from LTE/CDMA (4G LTE and lower) to CDMA (3G). But no GSM. I've also seen a post about unlocking it wit a international sim card and code but not sure if it works or wat the code is.

4. timtampa

timtampa New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It works, I did it to my Bionic and calls work just fine. There's a discussion on this over at XDA and tells you how to use Radiocomm to edit a section of the radio. No radio flash, custom ROM, or even root is required. The only issue I've had is getting data to work properly, but others have made data work.

5. Underwater Mike

Underwater Mike Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No offense, but you need to do some searching. There are threads on all the major forums, including this one.

6. maaybraak

maaybraak Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah, I posted this and then went on the hunt for some information. I seen on xda that if u keep it on GB u can get voice and data to work. I'm hoping for (along w/quite a few others) for an ics fix so data will work there as well. Thanks for the input.

7. master0fursinz

master0fursinz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Bionic wasn't meant to be global. So any changes to the radio. Is just a tweak. Thats why data doesnt work well. Also during the fcc filing the bands would have been listed.

8. maaybraak

maaybraak Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I saw on a couple other forums where the Bionic has radios for cdma/gsm, but Verizon had disabled them. Also, while attempting to install 43v3root I ran across some dialogue in the mount file that suggested that to be the case. Who knows...

Search tags for this page
bionic gsm
bionic gsm unlock

droid bionic gsm

droid bionic gsm unlock
gsm droid bionic
is droid bionic a gsm phone
is droid bionic gsm
is the droid bionic a gsm phone
is the droid bionic gsm
xda bionic gsm