GSM case on the LTE model?

x25064

Reaction score
Posted this in accessories but it might get more love here:

So far, I've seen more GSM model cases I like then LTE compatible ones. I've read they case fits a little "off", by how much are we talking here?

I'm interested in this model case, but its GSM only. I've got an extended battery too, which seems to be kind of a non-issue with tpu cases:

Discount Rock Magic Cube TPU Soft Case for Samsung Nexus Prime [rock127 Case Skin Galaxy Nexus Nexus Prime I9250]- US$8.99 - OBOstore.com

If you've got a GSM case on an lte model, can you post a picture of your fitment?

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think it's unlikely a GSM case would fit the LTE version with the extended battery cover on it. What you could probably do is take the backplate off and it may work. I've seen people doing this with regular cases for the LTE version that are using the extended battery and it's been working. Without the extended battery/backplate the GSM version would probably work on the LTE device since it's only .5mm, but with the extended battery and backplate you'd probably be pushing it.

This all depends on how closely each of these cases follow the Nexus' design lines. I know the Seidio surface case which follows the lines very closely for the LTE device does not fit with the extended battery cover.

My own opinion on the case you linked, I don't think it will work. The lines of the case seem to follow the GSM version quite closely.

OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score
Alright, thats something to consider. I still would like to see an LTE phone with a GSM cover. I know at least one person on these forums has one because it was mentioned in another thread.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Doesn't fit, tried one myself and you can't get all the clips locked in. My brother was in from London for Christmas and I tried to use his GSM backplate, no go =( Bulges at the bottom as well.

OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score
Doesn't fit, tried one myself and you can't get all the clips locked in. My brother was in from London for Christmas and I tried to use his GSM backplate, no go =( Bulges at the bottom as well.

Are you using a hard case or a TPU case? When you say the term "clips", I can't help but think of those hard plastic snap on cases.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you using a hard case or a TPU case? When you say the term "clips", I can't help but think of those hard plastic snap on cases.

Not talking about a case.

Talking about using the battery cover from a GSM Nexus, to use on the LTE Nexus.

Sorry thought that's what you were talking about. I've never tested a GSM case on an LTE Nexus.